From a grown-up Harry Potter look to a non-traditional wedding gown you’ll lose your mind over, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. The Harry Potter fandom is out of control! Oklahoma-based photographer Sarah Hester met model Zachary Howell and couldn’t remember his name so took to calling him “Harry,” according to NY Mag. The two joked about a Harry Potter-themed boudoir photo shoot, and, well, here we are! “These photos have spread like wildfire!!” Sarah wrote on her Instagram. “In case you are wondering @mrzomzom is as nice and he is handsome. He makes a fantastic Harry! This was such a fun project.” YOU’RE TELLING US, SARAH. Check out a few more photos from the shoot over at Sarah’s website.
2. OMG: Dianna Agron’s non-traditional $20,500 Valentino wedding dress is to *die* for. We’ve been waiting to get an official peek at former Glee star Dianna Agron’s wedding dress since details about her dreamy destination wedding to Mumford & Sons’ Winston Marshall were revealed this weekend. A new snap circulating online (originally posted then deleted by Dianna) shows her NOT in a traditional white gown, but in a nude chiffon gown full of sequins and beautiful bead work. Wowowow. (h/t Glamour)
3. Melania Trump defended her husband against multiple sexual assault claims in an interview with Anderson Cooper last night. “I believe my husband, I believe my husband,” Melania said in a frustrating if not entirely unsurprising interview. “This was all organized from the opposition. And with the details… Did they ever check the background of these women? They don’t have any facts.” Melania also went on to blame Billy Bush for Trump’s comments in the leaked Access Hollywood interview with the supposed “locker room talk,” saying that it was just “boy talk,” and that Trump was “led on — like, egged on — from the host to say dirty and bad stuff.”
4. Audience members bailed on an Amy Schumer show because of her Trump remarks. At a show in Tampa, Florida on Sunday night, Amy called Trump an “orange, sexual-assaulting, fake-college-starting monster,” driving about 200 people to walk out of the theatre. Amy, predictably, wasn’t phased, telling Vanity Fair after the show, “I loved the crowd and my show in Tampa last night! I want to thank the 8400 people who stayed. We had a great time! We have always depended on comedians to make us laugh and tell the truth. I am proud to continue that tradition.” Amy and her brother worked to register voters while in Florida as well.
5. Hilary Duff posted the BEST Halloween throwback pic. You might remember when Hilary played Wendy in the 1998 movie Casper Meets Wendy. Hilary herself can’t seem to believe it’s been 20 years since she played the role, sharing a side-by-side photo of her then and now and writing, “Well just in time for Halloween @snapchat gave me this little treat of a filter. #caspermeetswendy #wendythegoodwitch #20yearsago?! #ahhhhhhh.” Too cute.
6. Quote of the day: You can’t make music with a bunch of boys who are staring at a lobster on your head.” Lady Gaga tells The London Times’ Culture Magazine why she’s toning down her style for her new album.
Do you like Lady Gaga’s dressed-down look, or do you prefer her over-the-top meat-dress days? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @sarahhesterphotography)