With Mother’s Day right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about gift ideas and brunch options. But instead of making the usual 11am reservation at a swanky restaurant, why not whip up your own brunch menu at home this year? To help you craft the perfect mid-morning meal for mom, we’ve compiled a list of everything from yummy pancakes and pastries, to delicious salads and breakfast sammies. And the best part? They’re all pretty darn guilt-free.
4. Sprouted French Toast Casserole: This super simple casserole, made with sprouted bread, egg whites and almond milk, is a yummy take on classic French toast. And if you ask us, it kiiinda looks a little like bread pudding. (Drool.) (via I Food Real)
5. Guilt-Free Chocolate Pancakes: Who knew “guilt-free” and “chocolate pancakes” could exist in the same phrase?! But apparently they can thanks to this decadent and nutrient-packed recipe. (via The Healthy Foodie)
7. Eggs and Tomato Breakfast Melts: This quick and easy melt recipe takes all of the basic breakfast ingredients we know and love and combines them to create a yummy brunch item that’s good and good for you. (via Skinny Taste)
9. Skinny Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls: This one’s for all of us who have ever looked at a maple bacon anything, drooled and then reluctantly turned the other cheek. Consider your willpower rewarded with this recipe for skinny maple bacon cinnamon rolls. Victory! (via The Skinny Fork)
10. Warm Strawberry and Asparagus Salad: Sorry, lettuce. We don’t miss you right now. This strawberry, asparagus and quinoa salad with maple lemon dressing is hitting all the right spots. (via Oh She Glows)
11. Simple Oat Waffles: These rustic waffles can be made with soymilk or almond milk, and they’re topped with homemade coconut whipped cream and pomegranate seeds. Yes, please! (via Veggie on a Penny)
12. Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfaits With Coconut Granola: Roast some fresh blueberries and grab some quinoa and coconut milk to whip up these nutritious (and delicious!) brunch parfaits. (via How Sweet It is)
14. Ricotta Oat Bran Pancakes With Maple Raspberry Sauce: You’ve just added some serious protein to your pancakes thanks to all that oat bran. And maple raspberry sauce? We’ve never tried it, but we want to! (via Chatelaine)
17. Strawberry, Kiwi and Basil Parfaits: These all-fruit parfaits are a light and refreshing side dish option. If you want a heartier parfait, try adding a few layers of plain Greek yogurt. (via Passionate About Baking)
19. Asparagus, Artichoke, Pesto and Goat Cheese Quiche With Quinoa Crust: A quinoa crust??? Genius! (via Closet Cooking)
21. Grilled Asparagus With Fried Egg: If you couldn’t tell, we can’t get enough asparagus these days. And this recipe, complete with dijon vinaigrette and a fried egg, is yet another winner. (via Food + Wine)
22. Kale, Bacon and Egg Whole Wheat Breakfast Sandwich: We love kale in salads, in margaritas, on crostinis, and now we love the leafy green super veggie in breakfast sandwiches. (via The Kitchn)
23. California Eggs Benedict With Sriracha Hollandaise: Eggs Benedict is seriously awesome, but it isn’t exactly the best thing for you. Luckily, this recipe has turned the classic brunch item on its head by subbing in fresh sliced tomato and avocado for the Canadian bacon and introducing a healthier Sriracha hollandaise. Brunch on! (via The Curvy Carrot)
What bangin’ brunch recipes are you breaking out this Mother’s Day? Tell us in the comments below!