It’s the same ol’ dilemma every year: You want to get your mom something she’ll love but haven’t quite got the funds. Don’t worry, breaking the bank will be the least of your worries once you take a scroll through this comprehensive list of Mother’s Day gifts. The toughest choice will be deciding on which amazing gift to get her. Who knows, you might even have a few bucks left over to DIY her a gorgeous flower gift too! Whether she’s the most talented cook you know or one seriously stylish mom, she’ll love whichever fab gift you pick. Scroll on for 40 sweet Mother’s Day gifts under $40.
1. Modcloth Infused With Femininity Tea Towel Set ($20): A vibrant floral print is the perfect choice for a spring/summer kitchen. Featuring a gorgeous pink, orange, yellow and green pattern of wildflowers, this set of tea towels is sure to liven up her kitchen.
2. Carter Kostler Flavor Fusion Water Bottle ($20): Forget plain ol’ water — your mom deserves the best! Treat her to a yummy flavored variety with this fusion water bottle that adds whatever fresh herbs and fruit flavors her heart desires.
3. Brit + Co Embroidered Pouch Kit ($24): If she’s all about that crafty life, this embroidered pouch kit is the gift you’ve been looking for. Complete with a fabric pouch, embroidery hoop, thread and needle, this kit is just what’s needed to help her pass the time while working on those DIY skills.
4. Anthropologie Limited Edition Golden Monogram Mug ($10): There’s nothing like a personalized gift to put a smile on her face. This ultra chic monogrammed mug with gold lettering might just do the trick.
5. Brit + Co Jewelry-Making Online Class ($19+): Is your mom a collector of fine pieces… of jewelry? Now she can make a statement necklace of her own with this neat jewelry-making online class + kit. Get two to turn it into a fun mother and daughter (or son) activity!
6. Dana’s Bakery Variety Macaron Box ($30): This sweet surprise is for moms who can’t get enough of dessert. The assortment includes s’mores, chocolate molten, cookie dough, fruity cereal, strawberry shortcake, birthday cake, peanut butter and jelly, cafe mocha, red velvet and more.
7. Anthropologie Aludra Posts ($38): She’ll love dazzling her friends with this pair of sophisticated sparkly earrings. They can be easily dressed up or down, which she’ll totes appreciate.
8. Kate Spade New York ‘Dipped’ Insulated Tumbler ($18): Make every sip from her morning coffee or flavored water fun with this tumbler that comes with a straw for easy sipping. The beautiful gold lettering and color-blocked design is the modern aesthetic that ensures even her drinks look stylish.
9. Leif Calendula Bath Soak ($38): Help her relax and unwind with a healing bath blend of calendula flowers, powder and oil. She’s sure to appreciate the anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial benefits this good soak will bring.
10. Poketo Leather Wrist Strap ($25): Fumbling for keys will be a thing of the past with a trusty leather wrist strap to hold her keys. Not only will this add a little stylish flair to her keys or clutch but it will help her stay organized.
11. Habit Cosmetics Darling Nikki ($18): Imagine being able to rock your favorite shade of polish while fortifying your nails. Now your mom can with Habit’s gorgeous and naturally strengthening nail polish made with myrrh extract.
12. S’Well “Love” Water Bottle ($35): Keep Mom’s drinks cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 with this rockstar of a water bottle. She can enjoy her tea — iced or hot — hours later without the disappointment of her drink turning lukewarm.
13. Anthropologie Brass Makeup Brush Holder ($38): This brass makeup brush holder is just what your mom’s vanity is missing. Gift this modern chic addition to complete her beauty decor ensemble.
14. Cacao Atlanta Assorted Chocolate Box ($25): Let her indulge in a box filled with artisanal organic chocolates. Sourced ethically and sustainably, these gluten-free chocolates will let her partake in some guilt-free indulging.
15. Chloe & Isabel Leather Jewelry Roll Kit ($39): If she’s always on the move for work, help her style stay on fleek with this handy travel jewelry roll. Any fashion-loving mom will love it.
16. Typo Dip Dye Plant ($10): Bring some color to her work space with a cute dip dyed potted plant. Don’t worry, it’s faux — so she can appreciate what it’ll do for her space without having to fuss over whether she remembered to water it or not.
17. Heather and Myles Geyman Bedside Smartphone Vase ($32): She won’t have to ever complain about running low on battery life with this handy smartphone dock/vase. The innovative design of the phone dock lets her charge her phone while fitting in seamlessly with her chic home interior.
18. Typo Dip Dye Vase ($35): This dip-dyed vase will spruce up any coffee table or work space with its beautiful glazed design. Fill it with flowers or display alone — either way, it’ll be the perfect addition to her home decor.
19. Brit + Co Scrapbook Kit ($39): Moms already love proudly displaying photos of their kids. Help her do so in the most creative way possible with a scrapbook kit that includes puffy stickers, assorted washi tapes, gold foil, phrase stamps and more!
20. Modcloth Equator to Your Needs Shaker Set ($18): Add a little *spice* to her kitchenware collection with these adorable pineapple salt and pepper shakers. Their ceramic ivory and gold design oozes style while staying practical.
21. Fig+Yarrow Rose Facial Care Kit ($39): This all-organic facial care kit targets dry skin and restores hydration, making way for soft, supple skin. Made using ingredients such as organic roots, leaves, flowers, minerals and oils, each facial essential promises to treat thirsty, mature skin naturally.
22. Foxtail Collection Gem Beeswax Candle ($36, Set of 2): This set of two honeycomb-shaped candles made from 100% beeswax are a unique addition for her home aesthetic. If she’s sensitive to fragrances, she’ll appreciate that these candles have no added fragrance and emit a natural smell.
23. Dot & Bo Go & Do Canister ($30): Your mom is the #boss of all bosses. Send her off each morning with her coffee or tea to go in a coral canister featuring an uplifting message to get sh*t done.
24. Poketo Gold Compact Mirror ($28): Touch-ups will be a cinch with this pretty and practical compact mirror. Small enough to slip into her clutch or purse and big enough to get the job done, there’s none better.
25. Kate Spade New York “Idiom — Heart of Gold” Bangle ($32): If she favors a minimalist style, opt for this slim but stackable 12k gold bangle. It features a “heart of gold” engraving within that will make her smile whenever she catches a glimpse.
26. Poketo Leather Glasses Case ($39): Scratched-up sunglasses, begone! Protect her shades with this all-natural glasses case made with 100% cowhide leather. Available in natural, black and metallic, each hand-painted case is the definition of stylish.
27. Urban Outfitters Mini Geo Terrarium ($18): Treat Mom to a gorgeous gem-shaped glass terrarium to grow her own mini garden. Throw in a couple crystals and gemstones to dress up her little plant and she should be good to go!
28. Field Trip Party Crasher iPhone Case ($24): Pineapples + pastels are the way to go to surprise your mom with a fresh new iPhone case. Both fun and cute, there’s no going wrong with this tech accessory.
29. Umbra Prisma Multi Photo Display ($30): Sure, those wooden frames your mom has do the job. But why settle for old-fashioned when she can upgrade to this contemporary and elegant copper frame?
30. Jens Sandringer Rivsalt ($35): The all-natural Rivsalt is actually made of pink Himalayan salt, which boasts a number of health benefits and trumps other kinds of salt. If your mom could do with a little health boost while adding seasoning to her dishes, Rivsalt is the way to go.
31. Tokyo Factory Rose Bath Soak ($24): Give her the best spa day of her life with this relaxing rose bath soak. The blend of salts includes European sea salt meant to restore skin’s balance and smoothness.
32. Brit + Co Quilting Online Class ($19+): If she’s always wanted to learn how to quilt but never had the means, this Mother’s day is the time to surprise her with an online quilting class + kit combo. The class blends old-fashioned and modern techniques to ensure she’s getting the best tips on producing quality quilts.
33. Paula Elaine Barnett Scalloped Copper Hair Stick ($35): Made of pure copper, the copper hair stick adds a pretty metallic sheen to any updo she chooses. Whether it’s a messy bun or a braided chignon, she can rest assured it’ll dazzle.
34. Kikkerland Soap Dispenser ($23): Inspired by the classic oil can, this modern rendition gives your bathroom or kitchen a retro charm. The gold finish adds a touch of elegance to a traditionally industrial design.
35. Katye Landry Designs Stardust Drop Earrings ($25): Keep Mom looking her classiest with an elegant pair of gold drop earrings. Their unfettered style is perfect for adding a touch of sophistication to all of her outfits.
36. Sashee Chandran Tea Drop Sampler ($12+): These dissolvable tea drops might be the coolest things ever. Any mom that appreciates taking their spot of tea on the go will love this as a gift. The sampler set includes two drops each of: citrus ginger, vanilla white, rose earl grey and sweet peppermint.
37. The Object Enthusiast Triangle Catch-All Dish ($36): Give Mom a cute place to store her favorite jewelry pieces with this ceramic catch-all dish. Complete with real gold detailing, this unique polka dot triangular dish is just what her bureau’s missing.
38. Kinto Unimug Tea Steep Mug Pair ($34): Any avid tea-drinking mom will love a delightful pair of these microwave- and dishwasher-safe tea steep mugs. Once she finds out it’s available in four different colors, there’s no stopping her from snatching up the whole set.
39. ILLUME “Demi” Glass Candle ($20): Keep those summer nights smelling like a tropical island getaway with a blend of agave, mint, citrus and sand musk. The flicker of light will add cozying warmth to any space, while the refreshing scent will keep her feeling cool during those warm nights.
40. Modcloth Your Life’s Chirp Apron ($30): Now Mom can stay stylish even when bustling around in the kitchen. Surprise your favorite chef with this delightful apron featuring a watercolor pattern of yellow and red flowers and gray mockingbirds.
Which of these fab Mother’s Day gifts will you surprise your mom with? Follow us on Pinterest for more gift ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.