Valentine’s Day might be marketed as THE couples’ holiday of the year, but maybe you’re an independent woman who’s truly happy being single (especially when there’s only one spoon to spare). You’re kinda loving rockin’ it on your own, and there’s nothing better than not having to share your dessert when you know there are people facing serious dessert-for-one FOMO. This is where single-serve mug cake recipes come in. Whip up some single-serving love, then tell all your coupled friends to grab a fork or spoon (yep, just the one) and check out these 17 mug cake ideas.
1. Banana Mug Cake With Simple Cream Cheese Frosting: You know those bananas in your kitchen that used to be yellow? They’re finally going to realize their full potential with this recipe. Frosting not optional. (via Cooking Classy)
2. Gooey Caramel Molten Lava Brownie Mug Cake Sundae: Just look at this beautiful work of art: It’s a cake, it’s a brownie and it’s even a freaking sundae. It’s the perfect dessert for the Type-A personality in us all. (via Savory and Sweet Food)
3. Single Serve Carrot Cake: Bugs Bunny himself couldn’t resist a bite of this carrot cake — it’s got an entire carrot inside! Add a dollop of yogurt and pecans to the top and you could technically call this breakfast… right? (via Heathers French Press)
5. One-Minute Coffee Cake in a Mug: How cheeky is a coffee cake made in a coffee mug? You’re going to have to double-fist the mugs, because a cuppa joe is necessary with this one. (via Yummy Healthy Easy)
6. Cookies ‘n’ Cream Mug Cake: You know that feeling when you’re down to your last two Oreo cookies and they’re just not going to do it for you? Crush them up and make this mug cake to stretch those cookies a lot further. Crisis averted. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
7. Lemon Blueberry Mug Cake: This low-carb mug cake is perfect for when your sweet tooth doesn’t want anything too sweet. It’s also paleo — you truly can have your cake and eat it too. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
8. Lime Mug Cake: Try this mug cake when your wanderlust starts kicking in and it’s cold outside. A fresh zest of lime is all you need to instantly be transported to a tropical oasis. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
9. No-Bake Strawberry Mug Cake: Everyone can appreciate a restaurant-quality dessert that’s healthy and requires no cooking. This pretty treat is perfect for those spring nights when you’d rather spend your time outside. (via Skinny Ms.)
10. Nutella Chocolate Chip Mug Cakes: PMS and Valentine’s Day really don’t mix. Desperate times call for this chocolate overload mug cake, STAT. Also good for any other day, just because. (via Spice in the City)
12. Peanut Butter Cinnamon Oatmeal Mug Cake: Hidden inside the depths of this dense oatmeal cake is a molten center of creamy peanut butter. This is the non-chocolate lover’s answer to lava cake for sure. (via Brownie Bites)
13. Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cakes: We all love a good PSL, but you can only get them a few months out of the year. You can, however, have this PSL mug cake whenever and wherever you want. Like right now. (via We Are Not Martha)
14. Red Velvet Mug Cake: What better way to get yourself in the Valentine’s Day spirit than with a big mug of red velvet cake? Try adding a spoonful of cream cheese in the middle for a creamy icing-like effect. (via The Novice Chef)
16. Snickerdoodle Mug Cake: If you have a few extra moments, take the time to layer cinnamon sugar between mounds of luscious cake batter. Your reward is a single-serve dessert that tastes just like a snickerdoodle cookie. Worth it. (via Five Heart Home)
17. Strawberries + Cream Mug Cake: In the depths of winter we tend to long for the fruits of warm weather even more. Next time you’re feeling the frigid temps, treat yourself to a mug of this fruity dessert and you’ll instantly feel better. (via The Suburban Soapbox)
Follow us on Pinterest for more dessert for one ideas!