You may be used to cooking with mushrooms for dinner on meatless Monday, have an arsenal of stuffed mushroom recipes for parties, and incorporate these mouthwatering recipes into your weekly menu… but brunch is where they really shine, adding a savory, meaty flair to vegan and vegetarian dishes alike. These 15 tasty mushroom brunch recipes will win over even the staunchest skeptics of our favorite fungi.
2. Breakfast Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms: Meaty ‘shrooms stuffed with spinach, garlic, and a runny egg is the stuff brunch dreams are made of. It’s a low-carb meal too, if you’re into that sort of thing. (via Girl and the Kitchen)
3. Asparagus Mushroom Swiss Egg Bake: This earthy egg bake is a great dish for cool and cloudy mornings. Pair with a few cups of strong coffee and you’ll feel ready for whatever the day has thrown your way. (via Honey and Birch)
4. Mushroom Quinoa Breakfast Bowl: Sometimes you want a breakfast that’s fuel, not just food. Loaded with protein by way of quinoa and egg, this bowl meets your nutritional needs in a flavorful way. (via Kale Me Maybe)
5. Scrambled Tofu With Mushrooms: Vegan breakfasts don’t get heartier than this. A combination of mushrooms, smoked tofu, and kala namak salt give this dish a deep umami flavor that’s best served alongside a spicy Bloody Mary. (via Purple Avocado)
7. Spinach Crepes With Creamy Mushrooms: Mushrooms in a cashew cream sauce make just about any breakfast taste a little more decadent. Fold them into spinach crepes for a healthy and satisfying brunch. (via Be Good Organics)
8. Buckwheat Waffles With Spinach and Cremini Mushrooms: Savory waffles like these are the perfect way to shake up your usual routine. (via Beyond Mere Sustenance)
9. Mini Breakfast Cauliflower Frittatas: Make these for brunch on Sunday, then eat the leftovers for breakfast all week long. Mushrooms and cauliflower add veggies to the mix, while asiago and cheddar cheese boost the flavor. (via Pop Kitchen Blog)
11. Fried Eggs With Greens and Mushrooms: Brunch doesn’t have to be an all-morning cooking ordeal. This easy dish is packed with veggies and eggs, but is pretty hands-off, so you can spend your time sipping mimosas instead of hovering over the stove. (via The Brook Cook)
13. Sweet and Smoky Mushroom and Apple Breakfast Patty: End your meat cravings with these smokey-sweet veggie sausage patties. They add the perfect amount of savory goodness to any breakfast dish. (via Young, Broke and Hungry)
14. Shiitake Mushrooms and Kale Savory Oats: Oatmeal doesn’t have to be sweet and full of fruit to be tasty. In this recipe, it’s cooked with veggie broth, then topped with sautéed kale, mushrooms, and toasted pine nuts. (via My Darling Vegan)
15. Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche: A good quiche has four main elements, and this recipe gets every one of them right. Lots of veggies, gooey cheese, fluffy eggs, and a tasty crust that will leave you *begging* for seconds. (via Hello Little Home)
For more unbeatable brunch ideas, follow us on Pinterest.