Music festival season is officially upon us (YASS, winter is finally over!). That means festival style essentials like graffiti hair and (TBH with this crazy weather) rain boots are on our radar. If you’re still devastated from Beyoncé’s Coachella announcement and want to branch out to different festivals, but are feeling a bit overwhelmed by your choices (it’s not just Coachella anymore), we’re with you. To help narrow down your options, we’ve put together a festival guide based on the personality traits of the zodiac signs. Let your horoscope guide you to the perfect music party below.
aries (MARCH 21 – APRIL 19)
1. Governor’s Ball (June): Your constant need for change and fierce independence just don’t do well in an isolated environment, Aries, which is why you should definitely head to NYC this summer to check out Governor’s Ball. After you get your fill of Lorde and Childish Gambino, you can head back into the chaos of the city to find a whole new adventure before bedtime.
taurus (APRIL 20 – MAY 20)
2. Bonnaroo (June): Taurus, no one’s more connected to the Earth than you, which is why camping in the middle of Tennessee in order to listen to your favorite musicians just makes astrological sense. You crave simplicity, nature, and peace, so spending a few days with The XX, The Weeknd, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers under the summer sun is sure to satisfy your sensitive soul.
gemini (MAY 21 – JUNE 20)
3. Austin City Limits (October): We know how much you love learning, Gemini, so why not head down to Austin this October and fall in love with a whole slew of new musicians you’ve never heard of? Austin City Limits is all about celebrating superstars and up-and-comers alike, which falls right in line with your uber-curious nature.
cancer (JUNE 21 – JULY 22)
4. Floydfest (July): Summer’s your time to shine, Cancer, and there’s no better way to celebrate your birthday season than with a lineup featuring Thievery Corporation, Keller Williams, and Buffalo Mountain Jam. These homegrown musicians totally get your emo vibes.
leo (JULY 23 – AUGUST 22)
5. Coachella (April): It’s all about star power, baby. We know how much you dig the limelight, Leo, so it only follows you should spend your summer singing along with some of the most famous musical acts on the planet. Plus, your fiery disposition will feel right at home in the desert heat.
virgo (AUGUST 23 – SEPTEMBER 22)
6. Outside Lands (August): Held in San Francisco, the startup capital of the universe, Outside Lands is the kind of festival perfect for a perfectionist, self-disciplined Virgo like yourself. Plus, this festival works with a bunch of non-profits making substantial positive change in the world, which speaks to your service-oriented heart.
libra (SEPTEMBER 23 – OCTOBER 22)
7. Jazz Fest (April/May): Since you’re all about balance and harmony, it only seems right you’d think Jazz Fest is rad, Libra. It’s not a genre that’s for everyone, but we have a feeling you’ll fall in love with the complexities of the Southern-rooted sound. Plus your hospitable, authentic nature is a perfect fit for New Orleans’ soulful vibe.
Scorpio (OCTOBER 23 – NOVEMBER 21)
8. Ultra Music Festival (March): With a true Scorpio’s constant craving for drama and intensity, we know you’d totally be down for an EDM festival in Miami. It’s hot, it’s sexy, and it’s pulsing with passionate people just like you.
Sagittarius (NOVEMBER 22 – DECEMBER 21)
9. Lollapalooza (August): Ever the optimist, you’ll be sure to get down with Lolla’s live-and-let-live vibe. One of the oldest and most beloved music festivals around, Lollapalooza is all about having fun, making memories, and listening to some really awesome music. As the zodiac’s resident philosopher, Sag, we know you’re totally game.
Capricorn (DECEMBER 22 – JANUARY 19)
10. Sweetlife (Various): With its roots in Washington, DC, the power capital of the world, the Sweetlife Festival totally vibes with your success-driven life-force, Cap. This year, the festival will travel all over the country to jam in smaller venues rather than over one huge weekend, which definitely speaks to your need for structure and stability (no sweaty masses for you, please and thank you!).
Aquarius (JANUARY 20 – FEBRUARY 18)
11. Warped Tour (June-August): As the resident rebel of the zodiac, we think you’ll appreciate Warped Tour’s punk rock beginnings, Aquarius. Skate culture, ska, and a serious case of independence will make you feel right at home in the Warped Tour pit (or with VIP passes, if your pit days are behind you). Either way, the infectious energy will lift you up.
pisces (FEBRUARY 19 – MARCH 20)
12. Burning Man (August/September): You’ll take your festival with a side of spirituality, please. Pisces, we dig the fact you’re such an intuitive dreamer — and Burning Man is just the place to open your third eye wider. You’re all about energy and dissolving boundaries to reach a higher plane, which is exactly what Burning Man is all about (we think?).
Do you have plans to hit up a festival (or two!) this summer? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know who you can’t wait to see perform!
(Featured photo via Getty)