Finding a fragrance you love requires a good dose of trial and error: You spritz, wear it around and get a sense of whether it’s going to be way too cloying or a scent you can’t stop sniffing. And with so many fragrance launches lately, it makes the whole process a lot harder (especially if you’re buying online and don’t have the luxury of trying it first). You can find a perfume for your zodiac sign, but we’ve got another way: The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, a personality tool that identifies 16 different types of people, based on how you interact with others and how you plan and perceive different situations. It’s pretty spot on for giving insight on personal style too, so we think it could guide you to a fave fragrance without even having to try a spritz. Scroll down to find out how you match up.
1. Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming ($124): You are practical and super organized, so it’s only fitting that your fragrance is as dependable as you. This floral scent has a combination of romantic rose notes and peony and is rounded out with comforting white musk, making it super wearable for every day.
2. Juniper Ridge Big Sur Backpacker Cologne ($60): You’re known for being very considerate of others. For the perfect fragrance, an all-natural blend culled from indigenous plants is calling your name. This one, incorporating fresh cypress, pine and wildflowers, wakes up your senses and transports you to the California coast.
3. Aerin Tangier Vanille ($115): You’re insightful with a mystical side and want a perfume that’s as equally intriguing. This scent, inspired by the splendor of Morocco, has notes of Madagascar vanilla, rich rose and sensual amber. Its aroma has a veil of mystery (much like you), prompting those around you to ask, “What are you wearing?”
4. My Burberry Black ($95): You’ve got a penchant for top-notch quality, so only the best will do for you. Those high standards fit this new edition of a designer scent that embodies the same craftsmanship as their iconic trench. This sun-drenched jasmine fragrance is peppered with notes of patchouli, which plays to your fierceness too.
5. Kilian Love, Don’t Be Shy ($75): Yes, you can be a bit subdued, so you don’t want anything strong and spicy. This fragrance, inspired by the soft, puffy feeling of a marshmallow, has notes of orange blossom and neroli and is peppered with jasmine, vanilla and musk, which keep it from coming off too sweet or overpowering.
6. Prada Candy ($38): You’re good-natured and easygoing, which means you’ll want a fragrance that’s fun-loving too. This carefree blend is a little sophisticated and a little sweet. The candy-dish notes of modern caramel and vanilla are tempered with white musk, and wearing this scent is pure pleasure.
7. Etat Libre d’Orange Cologne ($85): You like to keep your options open — that’s why this unisex cologne, bursting with blood orange, jasmine, bergamot and musk, works with your flexible nature. It’s refreshing, easy and fearless, just like you.
8. Avon Little Black Dress ($25): Always a skeptic and super analytical, you can sometimes get a little quiet, so a classic fragrance suits you fine. Avon reintroduced this favorite from their archives and gave it a modern twist, adding notes of bright Italian lemon oil, elegant jasmine and luxurious sandalwood.
9. Mugler Angel Muse ($95): You love to live in the moment and be the center of attention. This scent — part of a new category called “woody gourmand” — definitely fits you to a T. Rich, creamy notes of hazelnut are blended with tantalizing wood. Both are so unexpected and intoxicating, it’s sure to make you stand out from the crowd.
10. Givenchy Dahlia Divin Le Nectar de Parfum ($94): You are all about having fun, so you should wear a scent that matches your happy-go-lucky disposition. This sunny aroma, filled with notes of sparkling mimosa, jasmine and tonka bean, is as energetic and bubbly as you are.
11. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon ($85): This bold, oriental-woody scent is made for your go-get-em, confident attitude. The notes of vanilla bourbon and tuberose bring out your free spirit and creativity to lighten up more serious moods.
12. Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Mini Travel Spray Set ($24): Thanks to your resourcefulness, you like to live in the moment, avoiding the boring daily grind. This trio of sprays plays to your love of finding a product that doesn’t fit the norm — each fresh floral, inspired by the colors and flowers in Burch’s garden, can be layered or worn on its own, creating a different scent every time you spritz it on.
13. Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Pure ($108): As a straight-shooter, you are all about practicality. This watery scent is blended with light flowery notes, like lily of the valley and jasmine, and finished with a lush cashmeran wood, making it a clean fragrance for anytime, anywhere.
14. Tom Ford Orchid Soleil ($120): You’re a warm-hearted, hardworking soul with loyal intentions, so once you discover your signature scent, you rarely change your mind. This blend of radiant black orchid, lush cream and spicy patchouli will go the distance with you, capturing your can-do spirit.
15. Donna Karan Cashmere Aura ($92): Everyone says this about you: You’re kind and see the good in everyone. This perfume will complement your benevolent nature with its sparkling, vibrant blend of floral, citrus and blonde wood notes. It’s a radiant, light scent that lets you and your sunny personality shine.
16. Moschino Fresh Couture ($62): Never one to follow, you like to take on a challenge — minus all the fuss. This joyful, fresh scent and unique cleaning-bottle packaging shows you’re the leader in trying something new. Bright mandarin and bergamot liven up your mood, while cedarwood and white patchouli add a contemporary touch that appeals to your minimalist sensibility.
Want more fragrance recs? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.