Thanksgiving wouldn’t be the same without that jiggly red cranberry sauce. But hopefully we’ve all moved away from the canned stuff and started playing around in our own kitchens. As it turns out, cranberries are actually an incredibly versatile ingredient, good for way more than just topping the turkey. So, in honor of the end of National Cranberry Month (October — who knew?) and the beginning of our Thanksgiving countdown (yup, it’s up next), here are 24 sweet and savory cranberry recipes.
1. Cranberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes: What better way to start the day than with pancakes? These provide a healthy breakfast thanks to ground oats and natural sweetness from the bananas. (via Yummy Addiction)
3. Chocolate Maple Granola With Quinoa and Cranberries: Talk about a mouthful! Mix this ingredient-packed granola with yogurt or milk for a delicious and nutritious breakfast. (via The Hungry Hounds)
6. Turkey, Cranberry, Avocado and Grilled Brie Sandwich: There are few things tastier than a grilled cheese with bonus creaminess from rich avocado. This sandwich, spiked with tartness from the homemade cranberry sauce, is one of them. (via Foodie Crush)
10. Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad: Top your favorite toast with this creamy and tangy chicken salad. You could even use leftover turkey in place of chicken for a post-Thanksgiving treat. (via Domestically Blissful)
12. Cranberry Ginger Pear Fizz: Need a super easy cocktail to kick off the holidays? Try our delicious cranberry fizz, with plenty of spiciness from ginger beer and flavor from rosemary. (via Brit + Co)
13. Cranberry Vinaigrette: Top your traditional Thanksgiving salad with this bright pink vinaigrette. Fresh thyme and walnut oil give it a delicate richness without being overly heavy. After all, you still have tons of turkey to eat! (via Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
14. Cranberry Chipotle Barbecue Ribs: Tangy berries replace the traditional vinegar in a spicy-sweet homemade barbecue sauce. It’s slathered on ribs for a delicious fall take on a classic. (via Foodess)
15. Sweet Potato Cranberry Biscuits: Everyone wants to add light and fluffy biscuits to their Thanksgiving table, but these have the added bonus of seasonal ingredients like tart cranberries and savory sweet potatoes. (via From Calculus to Cupcakes)
16. Turkey Burgers With Cranberry Slaw: While this recipe might be more appropriate for making on the grill in summer, it’s also a fresh way to reminisce over warmer days as the weather gets cold. (via Yummy Addiction)
18. Roasted Acorn Squash With Walnuts and Cranberries: Whether you serve this festive dish as a simple fall dinner side, or pump it up for a main with some ground beef and rice, nothing beats an edible squash bowl. (via Let The Baking Begin)
19. Ricotta, Pear and Cranberry Pie: The ricotta-honey filling bakes up around the fruit to create a thick, almost custardy pie. Top with cranberry compote for an extra burst of sweetness. (via Rolling Spoon)
20. Cranberry Pear Sorbet: This light dessert couldn’t be easier to whip up. It’s tart and sweet from cranberries and citrus and could easily be the perfect finish to a fancy fall dinner. (via Real Food and Ice Cream)
21. Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle With Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce: Um, ready for this holiday dessert explosion?! Mix and match your own favorite ingredients in this colorful winter trifle. We love the contrast here between creamy pudding, soft and chewy pound cake and tart cranberries bursting with juice. (via A Spicy Perspective)
23. Lemon Cranberry Pie Bars: A perfect midafternoon snack or after-dinner dessert, these super tart bars are made with a gooey lemon filling and sweetened cranberries for a light but decadent treat. (via So How’s It Taste)
What cranberry recipes are you dying to try? Whether it’s the perfect sauce or a simple cake, tell us in the comments below!