Guys, there is a holiday for everything these days. Don’t get us wrong — we totally see the value in celebrating National Tequila Day, but at this point, our calendar is a little packed with random holidays. All that being said, our beauty-loving hearts skipped a beat when we spotted National Lipstick Day on the horizon (July 29). We are all about the power of a pretty pout, whether we’re searching for a lipstick to match our zodiac sign or a liquid lipstick we can’t live without. To mark the occasion, we decided to spotlight this summer’s most wearable shade — nude. A well-chosen nude lip gives you a charming, refined look without drawing too much attention, making it the perfect choice for the office, a picnic or a late summer rooftop party. We know it can be a tricky process finding the nude lipstick that works for you, so we’ve come up with nine of our favorites to start you off on your journey.
1. Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick in Chocolate Cherries ($21): This rich, dramatic shade of dark chocolate is actually made out of cocoa powder and designed to perk up your day. We love its sugary sweet aroma and easy application. Prepare yourself: Compliments are definitely headed your way when you rock this neutral lip.
2. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Vice ($6): This shade of light peach works great with fair skin tones because of its pale yet warm finish. Apply along with a nude lip pencil for precision, but be sure to exfoliate your lips before you start.
3. BareMinerals GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Cookie ($18): bareMineral’s Matte Liquid Lipcolor comes in 20 gorgeous colors, but we’re especially into this soft hue. The full-coverage, cream-to-matte formula offers almost every shade imaginable in the nude family. Hit this one up if you’re in the market for an extra moisturizing formula.
4. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude ($6): This darker tone of pinkish beige looks great on a variety of skin tones, but it particularly suits those with olive or reddish undertones. This understated option brings a much-needed dose of hydration to your lips for a bare look without the chapping.
5. Tom Ford Lip Color in Sweet Mystery ($53): Leave it to Tom Ford to make the most luxurious, rich shade of coffee that will make your lips look like a million bucks. At $53, this lipstick is at the highest price point on the list, but we always trust the house of Tom Ford to make a product that’s worth the splurge.
6. wet n wild Megalast Lip Color in Bare It All ($4): Here’s a creamy, nude color that can be your everyday hue on its own or as a base to build a bolder lip. At this price, feel free to stock up and pop a stick in your beauty bag and purse.
7. Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Rêveuse ($37): If you’re going for a classic French-girl look, then you can’t go wrong with this lipstick by Chanel. The brownish pink color is ideal for a subtle beauty look when you hit the town with your ladies. Pair with a charcoal smokey eye to make your lips pop with ease.
8. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Nude Thrill ($8): This liquid lipstick is a more vibrant nude that features an intense pigment. Apply one layer for a matte look or add multiple layers for a creamier finish.
9. fresh Sugar Nude Tinted Lip Sunscreen ($24): This nude lipstick is made from natural ingredients like sugar, meadow foam and black currant seed oils. Unlike most shades on this list, this stick leaves a slight shimmery finish that is just the right amount of shine for an evening affair or night on the town.
Want more lip inspo? Follow us at Pinterest for all of your beauty needs.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.