It’s National Underwear Day, and that means we’re paying homage to all things undergarment: You know, those delicate little bits of fabric that shield us all from the elements, give us that little extra oomph in our step (minus on laundry day, of course) and brighten up our intimates drawer. Yet, as any lady will tell you, not all undies are created equal. Whether you’re a fan of the granny panty, seamless underwear, thong, boybrief, bikini, g-string or something else entirely, we’ve rounded up eight truly WTF pairs that everyone can appreciate for their… uh, uniqueness.
1. Naja Shrampton Cheeky Knicker ($21): While there are plenty of panties out there featuring cats (we can’t imagine why), this is the only pair we found that had our favorite animal flossing with a $100 bill. And not just any animal — this one actually has a name and an Instagram account to boot (@shrampton). What’s more, $4 from every purchase of Shrampton’s panties will go toward supporting nonprofit rescue Kitten Lady. Sold!
2. Caped Batman Boyshorts ($10): Because your derrière is so powerful, it needs its own cape. Bonus? It snaps on and off from these officially licensed boyshorts when you need to perform any superhero-like duties.
3. Cosabella Crazy Horse G-String ($32): Is anyone else having flashbacks to the leg lamp in A Christmas Story, orrrr? We’re getting major table-shade vibes from this fringed thong.
4. Topshop Bacon and Egg Boypants ($8): That’s one way to greet the new day! Who needs breakfast when you have these Topshop panties chock full of breakfast-y goodness?
5. Forever 21 Mesh Crisscross Bikini Panty ($6): Well, these just look highly uncomfortable. Though the description plainly reads “style and comfort has never been so easy,” at a glance, we’re respectfully inclined to disagree.
6. Victoria’s Secret Pink Seamless Bikini Panty ($11): We THINK these were meant to be motivational, but they come off way harsh, Tai, no? Luckily, they come in about 12 other colors with far less confusingly weird messaging.
7. Think Geek Animal Character ($15, pack of three): The ears. THE EARS. With a bear, a panda and a cat all on hand (complete with paw prints and ears that rise above the waistband) and all equally adorbs, how will you ever choose which pair to wear?
8. Aeropostale Ghost Boyshorts ($9): It’s normal to cover your bits with ghosts prior to Halloween, right? Aero seems to think so, and have added “subtle ruching and bows” for feminine flair.
Which pair do you think is the weirdest? Let us know over @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.