Ladies, time is of the essence, and sometimes you just don’t have minutes to spare to pull it ALL together. Between mastering the art of no-makeup makeup and perfecting woke-up-like-this hairstyles, we’re clearly committed to getting you out the door and into girlboss mode in no time flat. We’re bringing you a quick-‘n’-easy trend *perfect* for the modern girl who wants her nails to look #flawless without spending hours at the salon: negative space nails. This less-is-more trend is all about showing what your mama gave ya — it’s the perfect juxtaposition of your natural nail texture and a pop of next-level design. All you need is a polish (or two) and a clear top coat to really make your barely there mani pop. Need some nail inspo of your own? Here are nine negative space nails you need to check out.
1. Rainbow: Taste the rainbow with this half-moon mani. Layer all your favorite hues to give it the perfect ripple effect. Bonus: Swipe a matte coat over the nail to modernize the look a bit.
2. Half-Moons: Amp up your go-to half-moon mani with minimalist lines to define the shape of your nail. Switch it up by adding a different color on your tips for a cool-girl vibe that embodies statement-making at its very best.
3. White Circles: A killer mani that only requires one polish? Dreams really do come true. Pro tip: Mask your cuticles with Scotch tape for a clean finish that’s effortless and chic.
4. Black Pixels: Embrace the ’80s with a little pixellated action. Cut pieces of tape to create small squares for the perfect low-maintenance mani, and try using a bold neon color for a must-have, eye-catching design.
5. Glitter: Sorry, French tips — you’ve just been replaced. Take your go-to glitter polish and dab it on the tip of your nails — you’ll be instantly ready to hit the town for a big night out.
6. Yellow Tips: Embrace the summer heat with this must-have mani. Whether you’re hanging by the pool or eating a drool-worthy ice cream sandwich, this style is great for any and every summer occasion.
7. Black and White: Kick the half-moon mani up a notch by accenting with a contrasting hue. This lazy girl-approved style will get you moving in a jiffy with a few quick swoops and a last-minute top coat.
8. White: Keep it simple with this all-white mani. A minimalist nail will give your typical bridal mani a right-now update on your summer wedding day.
9. Black Accents: Get a little edgy with these one-of-a-kind monochromatic-tipped manicures. Accent one section with a contrasting polish to add a bit of intrigue to your overall look.
For more nail inspo, check us out on Pinterest!