Once known for basics — okay, and flag t-shirts, cargo shorts, etc — your old friend Old Navy has been going through a major fashion overhaul as of late. Since taking the helm, Stefan Larsson, H&M’s former global sales chief, has started testing out more fashion-forward styles in smaller batches to see if they would sell well. And it looks like it’s working. While Gap Inc. as a whole reported lower sales this year, the “new” Old Navy resulted in more sales than Gap and the revamped Banana Republic combined. With new collaborations with elite fashion brands like Current/Elliot and a team of new designers being hired from higher end lines, we have a feeling Old Navy is going to get the J.Crew treatment very soon, and we for one are vvvvv excited. Check out these editor-approved picks (all under $40) that will have them saying “you got that where?!”
1. Patterned Bomber Jacket ($39): We. Love. Patterns. On patterns. Throw on a soft, printed bomber jacket over your stripes, floral, and beyond for a fresh look this season.
2. California Pattern Gauze Scarf ($8): This scarf will have you California dreaming. Wrap it around your shoulders for chilly nights sitting around the bonfire.
3. Slip-On Sandal ($26): The “ugly sandals” trend isn’t going anywhere and we, for one, are thankful. Pair these silver, wide slip-ons with skinnies and a printed shirt for the ultimate off-duty outfit.
4. Patterned Soft Pants ($32): Soft pants are the perfect staple for the laid-back girl. Dress them down with a basic tee or wear them to the office with a pair of heels and a crisp button-down blouse. The possibilities are endless.
5. Faux Suede Crossbody ($24): This hands-free bag looks totally luxe even thought it’s faux suede. Shhh… nobody has to know!
6. Plus Chambray Romper ($39): No summer wardrobe is complete without a chambray romper, and this one is perfect for gorgeous gals everywhere. Worn with a straw hat and strappy sandals it’s très chic.
7. Floral Baseball Cap ($12): Hawaiian floral prints are getting major love from the fashion community lately and this hat puts you right on trend (without the hefty price tag).
8. Chiffon Kimono-Style Cover-Up ($29): Send out major goddess vibes in this printed, pom-pom-lined chiffon cover-up at your next pool party. Be daring and wear it with a tank top and denim shorts outside of the pool for boho-babe look.
9. Striped Oxford Shirt Dress ($34): This sweet shirt dress is all you need this summer. Give it a preppy feel with lace-up oxfords or add a dash of sexy with ankle boots.
10. Chambray Cami Jumpsuit ($39): If there’s one thing every fashion girl needs in her wardrobe, it’s a chambray jumpsuit, and this one is a steal. Wear it plain or add some pizazz with layered dainty necklaces and strappy sandals.
Will you be converted back into an Old Navy shopper? Share your favorite piece in the comments!
(Photos via @OldNavy)