Now that one whole frigid month of 2015 has passed, we’re pretty set in our winter beauty groove. We’ve upped our skincare game by going beyond lotions with serums, masks and amped up water to stay moisturized and retain a healthy glow, and are still gushing over dark, moody makeup palettes perfect for any date night. In other words, we’ve pretty much perfected our seasonal beauty look. February’s brand-new lineup of beauty products keeps us on that same track with pieces you can easily swap into your routine now and all through spring. From a major update on your favorite brand of pore strips to the easiest way to get a dewy beach babe complexion in the dead of winter, check out the 10 must-try beauty products that are out now.
1. Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick Duos ($12 each): These mini lipstick duos are must-haves for girls on the go, offering either bright or neutral lip color options in packaging so compact they barely make a dent in your front shirt pocket (where I keep mine for easy access for that post-lunch touch-up). Made with Resveratrol, the plant compound that fights free radicals, these creamy, carry-everywhere lipsticks also protect against the effects of aging with every application.
2. Bioré Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips ($6): Since our teens, we’ve been applying Bioré strips to our noses to peel away the general gunk and how-are-there-so-many-of-them!? blackheads (ew). And just when we thought our brand loyalty couldn’t get any stronger, they upgrade their tried-and-true strips with natural charcoal (and a matching black color!) to absorb more oil and get an even deeper clean.
3. Sigma Beauty Brush Cleaning Mat ($32): The brand that brought us the makeup Brush Cleaning Glove ($35) just introduced a completely hands-free way to clean your essential set (and for $3 less?!). Introducing the Brush Cleaning Mat, a slip-free sink mat that features seven different texturized patterns, each made to remove beauty buildup on eye and face brushes. Once you add a cleaning solution directly to the mat, it only takes a few swirls to fully degunk your brushes.
4. Stila Stay All Day Brow Gel + Brush ($34): Thanks to this tinted brow gel and its P.I.C. brush, getting full Cara Delevingne eyebrows is easier than ever. Just swipe on the nourishing, waterproof formula for instant accurate definition (the angled brush was specially designed to mimic your brow arch, so it doesn’t get any more precise than that). Plus, with five natural-looking hair colors to choose from, everyone — really, everyone — can up their brow game.
5. Fresh Sugar Rosé Extreme Lip Treatment ($23): Who doesn’t love a good seasonal beauty buy? The cult-favorite sheer rose lip tint gets a Valentine’s Day-ready makeover with potent rose oil that turns the already swoon-worthy formula into a full-on sensory experience. As the special packaging suggests, your softer pucker will also smell and taste floral fresh with this limited edition lip treatment.
6. GLAMGLOW Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser ($39): This face cleanser gives you the benefits of your weekly mud mask with every use (and for half the price) as it transforms mud into a gentle foam that effectively rinses away dirt, makeup and and pore-clogging debris. Leave on for five minutes for your daily a.m. rinse or as long as 20 for a deeper, spa-like clean.
7. Kahina Giving Beauty Lip & Face Balm ($44): This ultra-moisturizing product is made for those who color outside the lines. Use this restorative balm literally anywhere that your face could use some extra TLC, whether it’s on patches of dry, flaky skin, on chapped lips or both. Ingredients like immortelle, calendula and Moroccan blue tansy take the wear-it-anywhere balm to the next level by giving it calming, healing and anti-inflammatory properties, including ones known to relieve headaches and bruises.
8. Foreo Issa Toothbrush ($199): You’re right, it does not look like a toothbrush. But this is what the latest in dental care technology gets you: a dock-free electric scrubber with silicone bristles that more gently and effectively remove stains and plaque than your average nylon bristles and can hold a charge for six months straight. A flexible head and eight pulsation speeds ensure that every hard-to-reach crevice is thoroughly cleaned.
9. Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick ($45): Hack your week-on-the-beach glow in under a minute with Charlotte Tillbury’s brand new yet already super-covetable Beach Stick. Drag this creamy, plumping formula across your forehead, cheekbones, bridge of your nose and chin and gently blend to fake a perfectly sun-kissed face. With five shades to choose from, you can go from bronzed beach babe to glowing goddess just like that.
10. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream ($29): BareMinerals has created a flawless complexion in a bottle by combining all the benefits of a lightweight hydrating moisturizer with the coverage of BB and CC cream. Packed with replenishing electrolytes, this tinted gel cream gives your skin a radiant glow whether you quickly blend it in with your fingers to mask imperfections or apply it with its Smoothing Face Brush ($28) for a more professional, airbrushed effect. We’re counting this as yet another win for the no-makeup makeup set.
What new beauty products have you bought recently or are dying to try? Tell us in the comments below.