If you’re anything like us, a new year means newly cleaned shelves primed for a fresh set of beauty products. And because that empty space is so coveted, you don’t want to fill it with a bunch of beauty misses (handfuls of cheap nail polish and wear-once lip colors? Guilty!). With a more long-lasting goal in mind — finding makeup and skin care that *really* could become your primping essentials — we’re sharing 10 just-released beauty products that all have major everday-wear promise. From I-can’t-believe-they’re drugstore buys to maker-made elixirs, these newbies are the ones to try now and use all throughout 2015.
1. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Smokissime ($9): A one-step smokey eye? Yeah right! At least that was our reaction until L’Oreal hacked the look with its Infallible Smokissime. The traditionally layered haze can now be applied fully blended with just a few blots of the gel-like powder from its foam tip applicator. The greatest effort is choosing the hue: The instant smokey eye comes in classic black, brown, taupe and on-trend eggplant purple.
2. Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint ($26): A part of Glossier’s skin care-focused Phase 1 set (a collection this editor is in <3 with), this not-quite foundation is pretty much the idea of no-makeup makeup IRL. A beauty secret weapon for fuss-free girls, slather the super sheer tint on your mug to even out discoloration and polish imperfections while giving your face a noticeable glow.
3. Fig + Yarrow 4 Season Steams ($24): Deep cleaning your skin may sound like it’s bound to be down and dirty, but it doesn’t have to be. Brit + Co faves Fig + Yarrow keep the purifying regime super chill with its sampler pack of soothing face steams that are basically like tea for your face. Cleanse your pores and clear your mind while you breath in the scented steam from these potions full of seasonal herbs and botanicals.
4. Yes to Tomatoes Corrective Concealer ($10): Yes to has harnessed the natural anti-inflammatory properties of tomatoes (who knew?) to create a dream concealer in its their latest veggie-powered line of skin care and cosmetics. This Corrective Concealer not only covers up your blemishes, but it works to clear and reduce zits while also preventing new acne from forming. That’s one outstanding overachiever.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick ($20): After falling for nearly every brow-related product under this brand’s belt, we’re counting on Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Liquid Lipstick to be our latest beauty obsession. These long-wear matte lipsticks provide full, high-pigmented coverage in just one swipe. Add to that: the 20-color collection — full of rosy pinks, deep plums and peppy oranges — will keep your lip game on point now through spring.
6. Jergens BBHand Perfecting Cream ($12): By now we consider all-in-one BB cream (or CC! DD!!) essential when we’re putting on our base face, but what about a body cream that hydrates, illuminates and firms your skin (among other benefits)? Jergens made the must-have product we never knew we needed: this amped up moisturizer that also corrects and evens out color, tightens skin and enhances sheen all over your bod — perfect for giving your bare shoulders a sultry winter glow on January date nights.
7. Bite Beauty Smashed Agave Lip Mask ($26): Bite Beauty has cracked the code for keeping your lips both baby-soft and cute 24/7, 365 with its genius leave-on Lip Mask. Tinted a wine-red color that’s formulated to be universally flattering, this antioxidant-infused mask penetrates chapped pouts and leaves your lips glowing through that just-bitten hue.
8. Caru Skincare Co Tulsi + Lavender Body Oil ($28): We continue to swoon over Caru’s ecologically sound skin care products with the release of its limited winter edition body oil, a heavy-hitting combination of sunflower and olive oils that trump just about any lotion at sealing in moisture. Plus, the spicy tulsi — an ancient herb lauded for it’s “healing powers” — and soothing lavender create an aroma that nourishes both body and mind.
9. Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Cheek & Lip Beauty Balm ($7): This lip and cheek stain pulls much more than double color duty. With its innovate UVA protecting BB formula, this balm also moisturizes brightens and firms wherever it’s swiped. eos: your move.
10. Simple Skincare Micellar Cleansing Water ($6): This gentle cleanser is made of your new favorite beauty ingredient: micellar water, or oil-boosted H20 that acts as a hydrating makeup remover that you don’t need to rinse off your face. Lazy girls, add this rinsing and renewing product your nighttime beauty routine, stat.
What early 2015 beauty launches are you dying to try — or have tried? Tell us in the comments below.