This week we got wind of Alexa Chung’s new fashion line, and now we’re jonesing to bring you all the next-level fashion brands that need to be on your radar. Don’t worry, you can thank us later. When it comes to innovative, cutting-edge style, these brands have got you covered. Their debut capsule collections are so good, you won’t even think about hitting up the usual suspects (we still love you, Zara and Topshop!). Think: An eco-friendly brand with an emphasis on sustainability, minimalist kicks that would put Yeezys to shame and, finally, a line of customizable wear-everywhere bags for the jetsetter in us all.
Founded by Garrett Gerson and April Liang, YSTR (derived from yesterday) looks to the past for iconic silhouettes that can be reinterpreted for this era. Utilizing a new cut-to-order technology, the brand’s mission is to reduce fashion waste and pave the way for a more sustainable future. They’re able to keep their inventory low by only producing what is needed on an order-by-order basis.
Rooted in timeless classics you can wear for a lifetime (like a delicate ruffled blouse or a relaxed black jumpsuit that’s been tailored to perfection), YSTR’s clothing is made to fit and flatter at a price you can afford. By designing and manufacturing everything in-house at their LA facilities, the brand is able to skip the middle man and implement honest pricing — we’re talking $200 or less! Gear up for an upcoming vacay or road trip by shopping their debut collection, chock-full of easy-breezy staples that can be worn to the beach (and beyond).
1. YSTR Anais Dress ($198): BRB, we just found the quintessential bib dress we’ll be living in this summer. Everything from the tropical print to the kangaroo pocket and laid-back chic appeal has us dreaming of the California sun.
2. YSTR Hardy Jumpsuit ($198): Oh, this old thang? Enter the one-and-done linen jumpsuit that’s made for an extended stint in paradise. Team it with a straw Panama hat and your favorite woven huarache sandals for a look that slays from a.m. to p.m.
3. YSTR Margaux Bodysuit ($98): Usher in a carefree summer ‘tude with this black and white striped bodysuit with *major* styling potential. Wear it as is while soaking up rays in a hammock, or pair it with denim cutoffs for poolside chilling.
THEY New York
Minimalist enthusiasts unite! THEY New York is the up-and-coming sneaker brand that will have you embracing an athleisure look this fall. The brand’s attention to detail, truth to materials and devotion to high-quality craftsmanship is what sets their collection of streamlined kicks apart from competitors. THEY’s “less is more” aesthetic — stemming from the German Bauhaus movement and contemporary Japanese design — is reflected in their use of a monochromatic palette, geometry and space. For the most seamless design possible, their team of expert shoemakers has gone as far as perfecting their very own custom hand-aligning technique. While these sleek tennies don’t come cheap, they’re definitely worth the splurge for an off-duty look you can sport around the clock.
4. THEY New York Circle Low in Black-White ($349): What’s black and white (and polka-dotted) all over? All signs point to this sophisticated pair of sneakers that can be dressed up with a swishy accordion pleat skirt or pared down with high-performance leggings.
5. THEY New York Two-Tone Low in Blush-White ($349): Take any outfit up a notch (or two) with these ultra-girly kicks made from smooth Nappa leather. We’re low-key obsessed with the two-tone blush and white design, especially during the summer months.
6. THEY New York Circle Low in White-Beige ($349): Equal parts comfortable and functional, these luxe sneakers featuring hand-sewn beige semi-circles will put your plain white sneaks to shame. Pro Tip: Show up twinning with your boo (they’re also available in men’s sizing!) for a pick-up game of bball.
In all of its innovativeness, BAMIN (“build and make it now”) is the modular bag brand to watch. Complete with fun interchangeable zippered parts, each bag is designed to be hyper-personal and customizable to your needs. Whether you’re heading to the gym, sneaking away for a weekend getaway or attending a boardroom meeting, BAMIN has you covered. Their collection currently includes a sporty duffel bag, a roomy overnight bag, a versatile carryall tote and a practical briefcase — all of which are available in matte leather, leopard-print calf leather and neomesh. Indecisive? Further personalize and remix your bag swag with eclectic add-ons for a one-of-a-kind look.
7. BAMIN Duffel Gym Bag in Black NeoMesh and Black Matte Leather ($340): Got places to go and people to meet? For the jetsetting girl who’s always on the move, we recommend this carry-everywhere duffle bag in slick black. With a detachable strap, it’ll come in handy post-SoulCycle sesh or en route to your next destination.
8. BAMIN Overnight Bag in Blue and Black Matte Leather ($650): This just in: BAMIN’s overnight bag just may be your new travel companion in disguise. It’s roomy enough to fit all your weekend essentials (and then some) or serve as a carry-on bag for an overseas flight.
9. BAMIN Briefcase Bag in Leopard Printed Calf Skin Leather and Black Matte Leather ($590): Have you ever seen a leopard print briefcase with this much boss lady potential? Just think how ahead of the sartorial curve you’ll be while toting this bad boy to the office or on a stylish work-cation. You already know a LBD and power pumps are non-negotiable.
Which of these new cool girl brands are you most excited for? Follow us on Pinterest for the latest fashion brands!
(Feature image via THEY New York)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.