Come a fancy night on the town, the first piece de resistance you reach for, naturally, is a shimmery floor-length gown, a sequin skirt or a pair of lust-worthy ankle-strap heels. While that’s just fine and dandy, where’s the love for your #BOTN (bag of the night)? In a room full of stylishly clad ladies, you need an accessory that’s going to set you apart from the crowd AND earn you a coveted spot on the best-dressed list (‘cause you know that’s top priority, natch). Whether you’re heading to a post-work networking evening, a last-minute holiday bash or an upcoming NYE dinner, we’ve uncovered 18 scene-stealing evening clutches that will serve as the exclamation point to all your party-ready looks this season. In other words, they’ll do ALL the legwork for ya — you just have to show up.
1. Kate Spade Dress the Part Marquee Clutch ($358): You? The star of the show? Absolutely, especially with this Broadway-inspired clutch in the equation. Designed for the Hollywood starlet in all of us, this marquee clutch promises to bring the drama this season. Pair with an LBD and glitter-flecked heels for an unstoppable red carpet-worthy look.
2. Poppy Lissiman DNTMC Clutch in Pink ($110): We weren’t kidding when we said to let your clutch do all the talking. (But seriously, do NOT touch my clutch.) This mermaid-inspired iridescent pink pouch deserves to be teamed alongside a fuzzy pink sweater, a leather mini and metallic ankle boots come New Year’s Eve.
3. Poppy Lissiman Ziggy Stardust Clutch in Black ($110): YAS, girl. Honor David Bowie with this stardust clutch that’s right on trend with the season’s celestial vibe. The multicolored metallic stars will make you look (and feel) like a total rocker — throw in a leather moto jacket, a star-printed bell-sleeve dress or some dangling constellation-inspired earrings for a look that’s straight-up Zenon Girl of the 21st Century.
4. Lulu Guinness Glitter Lipstick Mini Clutch Bag ($128): Whatever you do, don’t leave your compact lipstick-shaped clutch behind at the party. My what? Ditch the blasé velvet sac (major snooze) for this Lulu Guinness glitter clutch that’s practically made for self-proclaimed makeup junkies. Proceeds to swipe on a fresh coat of lip gloss as we speak.
5. Disney Miss Piggy Collection by Kate Spade New York Who Moi Clutch ($358): From one diva to another, Miss Piggy knows a thing or two about racking up the compliments IRL and on Insta. Besides always wearing a heavy dose of pink (duh!), she’s also a whiz at workin’ her accessories game. Usher in a Miss Piggy-inspired ‘tude with this sassy glitter-covered clutch that won’t be taking “no” for an answer.
6. Alice + Olivia Stacey Print Medium Zip Pouch ($98): Let’s hear it for the girls! We can’t explain it, but there’s something about this chic illustrated clutch that makes us want to reach for a twirl-worthy tulle skirt, a frilly peplum top or a bold red lippy. Proceed to toss it on alongside a black drop-waist dress, bow-topped pumps and a top knot for a glamorous evening on the town.
7. Kayu Eye Clutch ($510): Somebody’s watchin’ you. As far as cool girl-approved accessories go, it doesn’t get any more rad than this evil eye box clutch that can be dressed up with an open-back dress and diamond studs or pared down with a neck-plunging jumpsuit and a velvet choker. Day or night, work or play, this bad boy has got you covered.
8. Mua Mua Kiss Boys and Make Them Cry Pouch ($225): Now, that’s a bold move. Forget finding the quintessential party dress, when your tongue-in-cheek clutch is this much of a sartorial stunner, no one’s going to take notice of what you’re wearing anyway. Between the bold message and the fuzzy exterior, this MVP-worthy pouch just may cause a scene. Brace yourself, babes.
9. Rebecca Minkoff Sofia Clutch Cross Body Bag ($195): Our obsession with playful pom-poms is all too real, y’all. More poms, you ask? That’s not even a question. Run, don’t walk, to snatch up this sleek futuristic metallic crossbody-bag-turned-clutch in disguise that will pull you out of an outfit dilemma time and time again. It goes without saying that the decorative multicolored poms are our favorite part.
10. Milly Slay Box Clutch ($295): Get ready to slay hard with this double-tap-worthy glitter clutch that was made for the Instababe in all of us. From the streets to the dance floor, all eyes will be on you as you tote around the must-have accessory of the moment. An equally jaw-dropping gown or fashion week-worthy getup will be in order as you show everyone who’s boss — slay is your middle name, after all.
11. Zara Studio Oval Leather Minaudiere ($70): Minimalist enthusiasts, get excited! There’s something to be said about this white oval leather clutch that’s perfectly unassuming in a trying, but not trying too hard kind of way. In lieu of OTT sequins and distracting add-ons, this functional minaudiere will complement your boss lady power suit just fine. *Adds to cart without hesitation.*
12. Skinnydip London Bee Clutch Bag ($80): The key to pulling off a seriously buzz-worthy look (get it?) this season? Easy-peasy. Allow this bee-inspired honeycomb clutch to rack up all the compliments by the dessert table. All that’s missing is a tweed dress, some fishnet tights and a little somethin’ somethin’ borrowed from Grammie’s jewelry box (perhaps pearl studs) for a happy hour-bound getup.
13. Lulu Guinness Lips Clutch Bag in Red Glitter ($369): Date night with your boo calls for this red glitter clutch that puts the va-va in the voom. (Although, it could also fit the bill for a bachelorette party in Vegas.) Either way, it sure beats toting around your makeup in a plain ol’ box bag or envelope clutch, amirite?
14. JumpFromPaper Traveler Clutch Bag ($115): Practicality reigns supreme with this cartoon-inspired red traveler clutch that will fit all your party-going essentials. It’s just quirky enough to complement a metallic silver jumpsuit or even a color-block dress.
15. Ted Baker Bow Glitter Clutch Bag ($149): Charming much? We’d say so. Give Kate Middleton a run for her money with this bow glitter clutch that will lend itself well to a long-sleeve lace dress and cap-toe block heels. Between an afternoon tea at The Plaza Hotel and a winter soiree, you won’t run out of excuses to reach for this fab box clutch.
16. ASOS Metallic Puffy Panel Clutch Bag ($28): This avant-garde inflatable pink panel clutch is just the thing to accompany you to an art gallery opening. Heck, it may even get mistaken as a Jeff Koons-inspired creation if you play your cards right. Pair with a head-to-toe all-black ensemble for a look that says urban sophisticate with a side of sass.
17. SkinnyDip London Glitters Crossbody ($48): Carry it as a clutch or from the chain strap — this glittery cross-body is for the girl-on-the-go with an iCal brimming with invites (and that’s not counting VIP access at da club). Whether you’re dialing it down with a choker-style blouse and rolled-up boyfriend jeans or are taking it there with a maxi slip dress and a faux fur topper, this ultra-glam accessory is non-negotiable.
18. Skinny Dip Long Patti & Selma Fur Clutch Bag ($45): This just in: You can’t sit with us at the party if you don’t have a fluffy pink clutch on standby. Kidding (sort of). Pile on the glitzy jewelry and opt for some WTF-worthy fuzzy steppers, ‘cause this Patti & Selma clutch is all about making a statement. AKA, you’re either in or you’re out.
Which of these evening clutches will you be snagging? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.