Pinterest is a great go-to source for DIYs and cool crafts for Halloween! Carving pumpkins, of course, is the most difficult autumn craft there is. For us lazy girls, crafting can be messy and take time… time that we sometimes don’t have to give. The idea of conserving as much time and energy as possible by opting for no-carve pumpkin decor certainly is appealing — and luckily for you, Pinterest has TONS of ideas. Here are the top four no-carve pumpkin decor trends for 2016.
1. DIY Pun-kins: These cheeky little pumpkins are full of personality and humor. Paint your gourds in all manner of shades and colors, and stencil on some witty puns. Doesn’t matter if they’re cheesy — in fact, this design kind of capitalizes on the cheese factor. Use stencils to keep the phrases nice and neat, or save even MORE time by just using stickers. (via Studio DIY)
2. Emoji Face Pumpkin DIY: These emoji pumpkins feature a circular yellow face with the emoji expression painted over top. The yellow face doesn’t take up the entire pumpkin… meaning, you don’t have to paint the entire thing. Turn to your phone for inspo, but our favorite faces are the heart eyes emoji and the face with tears emoji. (via Beauty & the Beard)
MELTED CRAYON PUMPKINS
3. Melted Crayon Pumpkin DIY: If you haven’t seen the multitude of melted crayon projects that have overtaken Pinterest, you’re missing out. Pick and choose your color palette, going with either a cornucopia of pretty fall colors or a bright multi-toned rainbow. Then, all you need to do is line them up around the pumpkin stem, heat with a hair dryer and watch the magic happen. Swoon! (via Dream a Little Bigger)
4. “Pinterest” Pumpkin DIY: These psychedelic melted crayon pumpkins are *far-out*, baby. Use more crayons to up the color factor, and plenty of heat to blend fully, creating a colorful, trippy-looking pumpkin. (via Holly’s Art Corner)
5. DIY Sharpie Owl Pumpkins: These gorgeous designs are best done with a stencil first, unless you’re a particularly talented artist. Mix and match with a black-and-white pumpkin and a colorful one. If you opt for colors, go with a cream-colored background paint instead of stark white, and choose hues to complement your color scheme. (via Ashley Hackshaw)
6. Day of the Dead Pumpkin DIY: Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, is a Mexican holiday that takes place on November 1, and these inspired designs are stunners that you’ll want to keep around all fall. PRO TIP: If you mess up while drawing with your Sharpie, a damp Magic Eraser can easily patch things up! (via Martha Stewart)
7. Neon Paint-Dipped Pumpkin DIY: Sure, you *could* play it safe with pretty watercolors — or you could spice things up with bright neon hues! The trick is to find some way to hold your pumpkin upside-down until the paint dries. To help with dry time, find a planter hanger to rest it on while you Netflix and DIY more Halloween decor. (via A Night Owl)
8. DIY Gold and Neon No-Carve Pumpkins: A hint of neon peeks through the gold lining on these elegant spray-painted pumpkins. It’s a completely new take on the neon trend, which tends to be much more colorful than classy. There’s nothing un-classy about these babies, though. (via For the Makers)
Follow us on Pinterest for more Halloween decor and pumpkin DIYs!