Ladylike lace, ethereal organza and intricate embellishments are likely the first thing that come to mind when you think of bridal style. But since when are you one to follow tradition? If donning a classic white dress just doesn’t feel true to you, there are plenty of other matrimonial options out there to accompany you down the aisle (and never fear — they go well beyond simple short or colorful, non-traditional dress).
Just take it from Hanne Gaby Odiele: The model and all-around It girl recently tied the knot in the most show-stopping wedding ensemble we’ve ever scene. Odiele said her “I dos” in a bohemian two-piece getup by Alexander Wang, complete with a plunging crop top, wide-leg trousers and a dreamy lace vest. Swoon. If standing out on your wedding day is high on your to-do list, listen up! We’re bringing you 18 show-stopping bridal separates, suits and more that will certainly live up to your haute sartorial standards.
1. Solace London Ammie Strapless Belted Crepe Top ($340): And we swoon. Brides with a bold style agenda will fall hard for this belted beauty. Equal parts elegant and cutting edge, it would look downright DDG styled alongside sheer, shimmery trousers and a statement headpiece.
2. ASOS Longerline Blazer in Metallic Jacquard ($97) and Silver Metallic Pants With Piping ($65): Sayonara, BWD (big white dress). Ditch the dress altogether and strut your stuff down the aisle (AKA your own personal catwalk) in a show-stopping jacquard suit. Pull out all the stops with embellished block heels and sleek baubles (might we suggest a statement choker?), then watch as the compliments come rolling in.
3. Jacquemus Asymmetric Ruffled Cotton-Piqué Skirt ($510): Don’t get us wrong — we love a good swishy skirt, but this stunner is simply too good to pass up. The cascading ruffles reveal a sexy peek of skin while adding a modern three-dimensional look to an otherwise streamlined style. For an undeniably bridal vibe, team it with an embroidered corset top and playful blusher veil.
4. Free People Kiss and Bell Lace Top ($172): Calling all festival-frequenting femmes: This crocheted lace blouse is the epitome of bohemian romance. Perfect for a free-wheelin’ fête or a laid-back backyard bash, this dramatic number is practically begging to be paired with a tiered organza skirt and velvet platform steppers. Windswept locks, halo veils and heirloom jewelry are highly encouraged.
5. Pallavi Mohan Tulley Top ($220): That gorgeous smile won’t be the only thing lighting up the room when you have this sequin-studded scene-stealer in tow. Layer it on top of a simple sheath dress for added visual drama and dimension, or style it alongside a floaty tulle skirt for post-ceremony shenanigans.
6. I. Madeline Sugar-Coated Ivory Lace Kimono Top ($62): Take a note from Hanne Gaby Odiele’s style book and cover up cheeky bridal separates with a sheer lace kimono that strikes the ultimate balance of timeless romance and ’70s chic. Skip the expected veil and top off perfectly coiffed locks with a dramatic headpiece for an utterly enchanting ensemble.
7. ASOS Maxi Plunge Romper ($81): Slay, girl, slay. For a wedding day look that reads cool girl in training, a sassy romper is the way to go. The long, airy panels on this contemporary style turn up the formal factor like WHAT to take the leggy piece into after hours-appropriate territory. Take it there with laser-cut booties, a statement cuff and low chignon.
8. Solace London Pruet Top ($450): One word: obsessed. If you needed yet another reason to ditch the dress for chic bridal separates, here’s one more. This seemingly understated blouse is the creme de la creme, with its split long sleeves that bring the drama with every step. Whether you wear it with a fitted column skirt or tailored culottes, the result is stunning every single time.
9. Catherine Deane Aurelia Pant ($700): Sweeping satin wide-leg pants are it for brides who want the versatility of trousers and the drama of an iconic wedding dress (you know — that dreamy sweeping action). For the ceremony, wear them with a lace mock-neck top and glitzy sash, then strip down for the reception with a strappy embellished camisole, intricate hair adornments and a luxe faux fur stole.
10. ASOS Top in Mesh With Cornelli Trim ($41): A rooftop soiree under the stars calls for bridal separates with a downtown edge, and this sheer shell certainly delivers. The high neckline embodies an air of sophistication, while squiggly embroidery brings a touch of artistic flair. Wear it with a white leather jacket, birdcage veil and belted high-waisted trousers for maximum impact.
11. Chloé Ruffled Tiered Silk-Mousseline Maxi Skirt ($2,850): Let your lazy-girl style sensibilities lead the way when choosing your wedding day duds. Embrace easy-breezy skirts and embellished crop tops for a whimsical #OOTD that is sure to go down in matrimonial history. To balance out the casual vibes that might draw side-eye from Grandma, pair it with glam drop earrings and a bright red pout.
12. Express Edition Drapey Boyfriend Blazer ($198): Oh, the possibilities. While you could totally transform this satin-lapel tuxedo blazer into a modern take on the classic suit and tie, we love the idea of layering it over a simple sheath dress for a look that toes the line between feminine elegance and alluring androgyny. Embrace your inner goddess with bold gold accessories and a lucite box clutch that’s ready to partay.
13. C/meo Collective I’m in It Skirt ($160): This tie-front pencil skirt boasts some major bang for your buck — and how often can a bride say that about her wedding day apparel? After the after-after party, you can toss this beauty on with a snuggly sweater, ankle boots and asymmetric earrings for the office.
14. Ellery Dalliance Cropped Crepe Wrap Top ($720): Do the ballet beautiful thing for a bride-to-be getup that’s sure to stand out. Team this classy crossover crop top with an airy organza skirt that calls to mind delicate tutus floating across a stage, then take the look to the next level with a fancy floral headband and metallic lace-up heels.
15. Toit Volant Kiki Asymmetrical Top ($150): You’re a bonafide color lover through and through, and head-toe-white just won’t do. This asymmetric tunic, with its unique wave-like hem, is ideal for layering over eye-catching trousers or skirts. Signature accessories and minimalist makeup are a must for a contemporary look that hits it out of the park.
16. Finders Keepers Peacemaker Skirt ($250): Seaside nuptials at the end of summer call for breezy pieces that can handle the heat. With its lightweight lattice fabric, this semi-sheer skirt will keep you cool, calm and collected. Wear it with an amped-up bodysuit, luxe lariat necklace and OMG-worthy shoes.
17. Lost Ink Cold Shoulder Lace Top ($59): A lace top with throwback appeal? Sign us up! Be it a vintage soiree or a whimsical al fresco affair, this cold-shoulder show-stopper won’t disappoint. Pair it with a flowy midi skirt, flower crown and lace-up sandals for a psychedelic look that stuns.
18. Jonathan Simkhai Lace-Up Knitted Top ($325): You can take the girl out of the festival, but you can’t take the festival out of the girl. This tassel-tastic top calls to mind good vibes and leisurely afternoons spent swaying to the beat — perfect for getting you in the mood to celebrate with your crew. But don’t worry — there’s plenty of polish to be had too, thanks to a bodice with such classic, clean lines. Wear it with a sweeping streamlined skirt or RN culottes for a totally unexpected take on your bridal ensemble.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.