Now that April Fools’ is over and spring has sprung, there’s no better way to celebrate the weekend than with a good DIY project. Take advantage of the sunshine and get a couple of your besties together for a craft date, complete with BFF bracelets and cocktails in ombré glasses. Whether your spring capsule wardrobe essentials include a new pair of sunglasses or you’re finally feeling brave enough to tackle an embroidery project, here are 13 projects to make before Monday rolls back around.
1. DIY Daisy Sunglasses: What is that blinding light in the sky?? For those of you finally getting a glimpse of the sun, you’re definitely going to need a pair of these sunny daisy glasses. They’re the only thing your OOTD needs and are super easy to DIY. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Ombré Glassware: Warmer weather is just the excuse you need to break out the pretty pink cocktails, and now you can DIY a set of ombré glasses to match. Whether you’re drinking iced tea or a champagne cocktail, kick those glasses up a notch with five minutes and a little spray paint. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Gold Totes: Now here’s a tote you’ll actually remember to take to the grocery store. Cut out pieces of gold foil to create a customized pattern for each and every glam-lover in your life. They’re super easy to make, which means they’re an ideal DIY for a bridesmaid gift. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Essential Oil Candles: The best thing about making your own candles is that you can customize the scent for yourself or for someone special. Craft the perfect lavender blend for a nighttime treat, or go for something more energizing with hints of grapefruit and eucalyptus. (via Sugar and Charm)
5. DIY Brass Wire Bracelets: Friendship bracelets are always a good idea, no matter how old you are. Trade the embroidery floss for brass wire and use simple wire-bending techniques to knock out a personalized design for each one of your BFFs. This DIY goes way faster than braiding, and they are dainty enough for the most minimal jewelry lovers. Win-win! (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Gold and Grey Hanging Planter: Take your planter game and turn it upside down. Dress up a tiny air planter with gold leaf, and then flip it right over for an unexpected spot of greenery. (via Fall for DIY)
7. DIY Embroidery Sneakers: You’ve dyed your sneakers, painted your sneakers and drawn on your sneakers, but have your ever *embroidered* your sneakers? Pick up a new set of skills with Embroidery 101, and then tackle a pair of sneaks for a totally rad new addition to your closet. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Tie-Dyed Napkins: Take your spring hostessing to the next level with a fancy set of tie-dye napkins that will take you, oh, about 10 minutes to DIY. Whether you’re hosting a bridal shower or just enjoying a casual brunch with the girls, you’ll find yourself reaching for these pretty pieces again and again. (via I Spy DIY)
9. DIY Embroidered Travel Pouch: Sometimes the weekend just isn’t long enough to master a new creative skill. Embroidery is the perfect travel buddy, because you can work on it while you’re waiting for a flight or while you’re hanging out at festivals this summer — you’ll be a pro in no time. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Desk Organizer: Drawers and cabinets are handy, but sometimes it’s nice to have a few things right on hand when you’re working on a project. Make one giant step towards desk organization with this convenient pinboard/storage piece, but don’t worry about digging out your toolbox — there are no nails required for this project. (via Sugar & Cloth)
11. DIY “Thank You” Filing Cabinet: Spring cleaning isn’t just about getting organized — you’ve gotta make it *look* pretty too. Once you’ve finally organized your files, spruce up your file cabinet with a new paint job and a cheeky “thank you” message. (via Studio DIY)
12. DIY Floral Bike Basket: Sometimes a gal just needs to give herself flowers, and then put them on her bike so she can show them off. If you’re going to a festival or just rolling down to get coffee, your bike will be the prettiest ride on the block. If you can’t get enough of this look, you could always use faux flowers for a more lasting piece. (via Lovely Indeed)
13. DIY Watercolor Sketchbook: Make the outside of your sketchbook as pretty as the inside. Check out these three watercolor effects, and then pick the one that you love the most. Or make all three. You can never have too many notebooks, right? (via Brit + Co)
What DIY projects are you making this weekend? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!