Booking tickets and mapping out routes for your holiday travel plans takes priority when you’re headed home — or anywhere — this winter (obvi). But your getaway getup deserves attention too. Finding the right balance of comfort and style is key, especially for those times when you’re thrown into a social situation the minute you walk through the door — kicking off a party in PJs isn’t exactly chic (unless you’re Jenna Lyons, and then, by all means), but a long car ride or flight isn’t the best time to don fussy duds either. Stylish enough to take on last-minute dinner plans — or whatever else comes at your way — but cozy enough for kickin’ it in a less-than-roomy space, these five getups have you covered this season.
1. Joseph Miles Matte-Silk Shirt ($241): Forget your go-to sweatpants and tees; there’s a better way to do laid-back dressing. Start with a sophisticated satin or silk top in a classic pajama shirt silhouette and then pair it with loose + light wide-leg trousers. The combo channels your fave jammies, but won’t draw the side eye from your fam and friends. Layer a warm faux-shearling coat on top and complete the ensemble with chunky heeled boots that won’t kill your feet.
2. Mango Chest-Pocket Check Shirt ($80): Luxe and laid-back pieces work side-by-side to create an effortless look that will get you from point A to point B in style. A plaid shirtdress and fringy suede boots are all about keepin’ it real, while a fuzzy eye-catching coat and leather leggings pack mega wow-factor.
3. A Piece Apart Luca Track Pant ($150): Soft sweaters and silky joggers are always a good idea. Throw in a kimono-style blazer and slip-on kicks for a polished twist on a cozy robe and slippers, and then start practicing your acceptance speech for best-dressed dinner guest.
4. Current/Elliot The Fling Faded Mid-Rise Boyfriend Jeans ($230): Boyfriend jeans are a no-brainer when you want to kick it casual style with their relaxed fit and downtown edge. To give off a sophisticated front without donning dressed-up garments, dark denim washes are where it’s at. Wear them with a soft flannel button-down and knit vest with a pure indigo outer layer and quicksilver steppers pulling it all together.
5. H&M Conscious Sleeveless Jumpsuit ($50): A good ol’ jumpsuit will always serve you well no matter what the occasion. Take its built-in comfort to the next level by styling it with streamlined turtlenecks, oversized cardi coats and pointed-toe steppers. Don’t you love it when summer staples prove themselves all year round?
What’s your go-to travel getup? Tell us in the comments!