Sleep is not only for hacking into your creativity — it’s also prime time for your skin to repair itself from all the damage done during the day (they don’t call it beauty rest for nothing!). So when sleeping masks came onto the beauty scene (thanks to Korean beauty brands that have been perfecting it for years), lazy girls and beauty mavens alike scrambled to get their hands on them. What’s not to love? You slather on the treatment and it gets to work perfecting your complexion while you snooze. These days, there are high-tech formulas promising to gently smooth out creases, reduce pore size and brighten dull skin — all the more reason to keep hitting the snooze button. Scroll down for the latest products on the market that do the work while you’re dreaming.
1. The Lotus Lotus Leaf Extract Sleeping Mask ($49): This lightweight lotion does major damage control in eight hours. The lotus leaf extract, known for its potent antioxidants, gets to work by repairing free radical damage (caused by sun, pollution and stress), so your skin looks less irritated and brighter by the time the alarm goes off.
2. Olay Regenerist Luminous Overnight Facial Mask Gel Moisturizer ($24): A soothing gel is the perfect antidote for skin that’s been dehydrated and creased by an overdose of UV rays. This cooling, ultra-moisturizing mask absorbs quickly (no rinsing or peeling required), revealing plumper results by dawn.
3. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil ($105): Okay, so you might invest in this oil simply because it looks Insta-worthy on your nightstand, but know that the blue-tinged formula will be the workhouse of your beauty routine. Retinoids gently exfoliate, while chia seed oil infuses omega-3 moisturizers into skin, so dark spots and pores are significantly less visible by the AM.
4. Sephora Collection Sleeping Mask in Pomegranate ($4): You can totally fake a good night’s rest by slathering on this creamy gel texture mask before you hit the pillow. Even if you only sleep a few hours, the pomegranate extracts in this formula will wake up a tired face and give your complexion an energized glow.
5. Vita Liberata Self Tanning Night Moisture Mask ($45): Faux tan, moisturize and fight wrinkles while you sleep? Yep, it’s all happening with this shea butter and sunflower seed oil mask that gives you a sunkissed glow and delivers anti-aging ingredients to your skin to protect from wrinkles and lines down the road.
6. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Sleeping Beauty Fix ($150): We love how this formula comes with its own sleeping mask that blocks out light, ensuring a deep, restful sleep. The AHA exfoliating serum is packed with good-for-your-face ingredients, like B3 vitamins, which work to lighten up dark spots.
7. MISSHA Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask ($23): Yep, you read that right: This mask has snail slime extract in it. But before you get all grossed out, know that the ingredient (which is a superstar in the Korean skincare game) has been proven to smooth, tone and brighten a dull complexion.
8. Clinique Turnaround Overnight Revitalizing Moisturizer ($40): This overnight moisturizer is gentle enough to use nightly. The hydrating ingredients help plump up skin and restore moisture levels, so you’re revved and ready to go (and prepped for makeup) when you wake.
9. Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil ($52): Think of this oil as a juice cleanse for your face. The plant-based formula rejuvenates and reboots damaged cells, giving you a much smoother, brighter look (and you don’t have to drink any spinach!).
10. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($25): Leave it to the K-Beauty companies to come up with a genius product we totally need. This lip-saving mask is rich in vitamin C and shea butter, which smooth away flakes for moist, plush-looking lips the next day.
11. Origins Plantscription Youth-Renewing Power Night Cream ($51): A nightly dose of this cream infused with extracts of dill and pea is like eating a plate full of veggies. The moisturizing formula delivers vitamins and oils that tighten and brighten, turning around a dull, tired-looking mug.
What’s your nightly skincare routine? Follow us on Pinterest for more skincare tips + products.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.