It seems like once fall hits, there’s denim everywhere you turn. And for those of us who would rather not be seeing blue all season (including those who consider leggings to be perfectly acceptable pants, like yours truly), it can be pretty disruptive to your seasonal wardrobe switch. Luckily this fall, there’s a wealth of non-denim options on the racks suitable for the newly arrived colder weather. And even better news — these styles are as comfy as they are on-trend, from roomy trousers that give any outfit a tailored polish to live-in sweats that still look chic. Scroll through to find your not jeans silhouette soulmate for this fall.
1. Faux Leather Drawstring Joggers ($23): They have all the elements of sweats — a drawstring waist, a billowy fit, elasticized ankles — but are made of faux leather. Wear these cream colored joggers with your fave moto jacket for a look that will give you major street style points.
2. J.Crew Collection Satin Side-Tie Pants ($225): Satin pants don’t just belong in the bedroom, especially when they look like this. A crisp oversized button down would compliment this olive pair like a dream.
3. Knit Flared Trousers ($100): These knitted flares are the coziest you’ll ever wear. Splurge on the matching top for the ultimate fashion girl #wokeuplikethis.
4. Metallic Baggy Trousers ($109): THIS is how to wear sweats on a night out. Shimmery separates are always high-impact — just slip on strapped heels and you’re ready to go.
5. Megane High Waisted Palazzo Trousers ($): The trick to making wide-legged (and we mean wide-legged) pants not make you look wide? Find ones with a high waist like this true blue pair to elongate your limbs.
6. ASOS Wide Leg Pants With Piping ($73): This soft-to-the-touch pair of extra-wide-legged trousers is basically a cardigan for your legs. Plus this burgundy is so on point for fall.
7. Dogtooth Wide Leg Trousers by Boutique ($105): A slimmer fit and rolled cuffs make this pair of micro-printed pants an easy option to toss on and go and still look put together. Pair with sneakers and a jean jacket on weekends or a blazer and pumps during the week.
8. ASOS Premium Bonded Crepe Culottes ($92): For those who are midi skirt-obsessed, culottes might just be calling your name. Pull off this fashion-forward silhouette with a cropped sweater and tight around the ankle booties.
9. Accordion Pleated Palazzo Pants ($25): Palazzos are majorly flowy and will immediately glam up any look just like this pleated pair. Swap out the open-toed sandals for pointed toe lace-ups, put on a tee and you’re golden.
10. Madewell Cropped Trousers ($118): These above-the-ankle trousers are as effortlessly chic as office dressing gets. Pair with walk-to-work pumps and tuck in a collared shirt to look pro.
11. Palazzo Trousers ($130): Cover your basics with these floor-length black palazzos that we swear will rival the look of your LBD paired with a bodycon crop top.
12. Best Society Knit Ombre Palazzo Pants ($59): The faint ombre pattern on these palazzos takes some of the weight off of the drape-y look. Make this pair and a white crew neck tee your go-to weekend wear.
13. Folded Pleat Trousers ($115): Pleated trousers have the comfy taper of a jogger disguised as a work-appropriate pant. In lime green, how could you pass it up?
14. Printed Kady Pant ($78): Window pane prints are fall’s answer to florals: think of it like a more high-end check than plaid. Don this pair with burgundy booties and a chunky knit for a wear-anywhere look.
15. Rachel Comey Bradbury Pants ($391): Around here we consider leopard print a neutral — and a glam one at that. This pair of spotted bottoms will punch up any old pain tee like that, not to mention work for countless cocktail attire affairs when styled just right. That’s why they’re worth the splurge.
16. ASOS Elastic Waist Pants ($54): Elastic waistband? Check. Fall-ready hue? Check. Under $100? Add to cart.
Don’t do denim either? What pants are you slipping into this fall? Tell us in the comments below.