Imagine sitting on the beach — toes in the sand, waves crashing in the distance, a cool tropical drink in hand. You might not be able to live out that fantasy at the moment (bummer, I know right?), but you can bring a little bit of paradise to you with these papaya boats filled with chia pudding! Bowl foods are gaining in popularity, and a bowl you can eat is even better, so these are quickly becoming a trendy vegan breakfast recipe. For one, they are just gorgeous to look at, and two, papaya is loaded with vital nutrients and enzymes. If you’re looking for a healthier way to kick-start your day, look no further.
Makes 2 papaya boats
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
- toppings: fresh fruit, unsweetened coconut shreds, hemp seeds
1. The night before, mix chia seeds, almond milk, and agave nectar in a small bowl.
2. Place in fridge to set (preferably overnight).
3. Cut papaya in half lengthwise.
4. Use a spoon to scoop out seeds.
5. Remove chia pudding from fridge and spoon into papaya.
6. Add fresh toppings and enjoy!
Mix almond milk, chia seeds, and agave nectar in a small bowl. Set in the fridge for at least three hours, but preferably overnight.
Cut papaya in half length-wise.
Using a spoon, scoop out seeds.
Remove chia seed pudding from fridge (it should now be a pudding-like consistency) and fill papaya boat.
Top with fresh fruit and other healthy ingredients, such as hemp seeds and coconut.
Seriously, how freaking amazing do these look?
Topping with granola adds a nice crunch too!
Can you think of a better way to start your day?
A taste of the tropics is *almost* as good as being at the beach. Almost.
What are some of your favorite toppings you could add to these papaya boats? Show us your faves by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative, and be sure to check out our Pinterest for more delicious recipes!