Throwing an amazing dinner party is no small feat, and we’re always looking for tricks to make the prep and clean-up as simple as possible. Paper plates offer a mess-free option to renting or even investing in dishes, so you can have extra cash for extra booze and party favors. And no, we don’t mean those flimsy versions you’ve seen. There are tons of stylish, durable versions that look more like works of art than pieces of paper. Trends include shiny gold foil accents, unique shapes, and even a couple marble and chalkboard-inspired disposables. Keep scrolling for paper plates for every kind of dinner party!
1. Thepartydialect Bright Cactus Paper Plates ($7, set of 12): Fiesta, fiesta! You’ll be sure to please even the most prickly of guests by serving your spread via this set of cacti.
2. Hibestparty Good Vibes Neon Paper Plates ($9, set of 10): Good vibes *only*! These neon watercolor prints are totally rad and can be paired with a matching napkin set.
3. GroupPhoto Donut Dessert Paper Plates ($7, set of eight): Now here’s a fun and bright option that will brighten up any dessert table. We donut think anyone will be able to pass on a bite that’s sitting atop another yummy dessert.
4. Harlow & Grey Goddess Blush Hexagon Large Dinner Plates ($7, set of eight): Paper plates don’t have to be circular! Go bold with a fun shape like this blush hexagon with gold stripe insets.
5. Harlow & Grey Marble Hexagon Small Dinner Plate ($6, set of eight): Nothing conveys class more than chic marble dishes. These paper versions with gold trim are far less heavy (and way cheaper) than the real deal!
6. Paper Style Blue and White China Paper Dessert Plates ($5, set of eight): A classic pattern in indigo blue and porcelain white definitely won’t appear to be paper from afar. It also helps that they’re a heavy weight with a shiny plastic coating.
7. Meri Meri Happy Birthday Large Paper Plates ($7, set of eight): Go shorty; it’s your birthday. Gold foil accents really make this charming set of bright HBD plates shine.
8. Jollity & Co Watermelon Plates ($12, set of 12): Nothing says spring or summer BBQ like a juicy, crisp watermelon. Even if it’s still a bit chilly outside, these plates will brighten up the vibe.
9. Thepartydialect Gold Striped Paper Plates ($6, set of eight): A set of boutique hexagon plates with gold foil accents will work with pretty much any color scheme.
10. Sweet Lulu Truly Scrumptious Lunch Plates ($8, set of 12): The fancy floral patterns are the ideal choice for a spring-themed luncheon, garden party, or high tea.
11. Tiny House Gift Shop Rose Boutique Paper Plates ($3): Roses are red, violets are blue, and a stack of these floral plates is perfect for you… and your guests.
12. Thepartydialect Pineapple Paper Plate With Gold foil ($7, set of eight): Small pineapple-shaped plates are the perfect spring and summer addition for any dessert table. Your guests will pine for the intel on where you scored them!
13. PaperStyle Under the Palms ($6, set of eight): A tropical-themed party could definitely use a set of plates with a palm scheme. Pair it with some flamingo decor to really make your party next-level.
14. Oriental Trading Mr. & Mrs. Chalk Dinner Plates ($4, set of eight): Chalkboard-inspired dinner plates are a unique look for a wedding or engagement party. You might love them so much that you’ll want to save some for after the big day
For more dinner party tips and tricks, check out our party planning boards on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.