Hold tight! The countdown until crisp fall days (buh-bye summer!) is officially underway. As you anxiously await the arrival of fall fashion, we’re sharing a next-level pairing that needs to be on your radar STAT. Enter the daytime-casual, all-weather parka you might’ve dismissed in the past as too basic for your fashion-forward sensibilities. Girl, if only you knew then! When it comes time to check off your fall bucket list (think: apple picking, hayrides and football games galore), you’re going to need a lazy girl-approved ensemble that can take on the not-quite-cold-but-just-nippy-enough forecast. So, what are you waiting for?! Keep the outfit blahs away with these 13 foolproof parka and mini skirt combos that will never see a dull day, especially once you toss in some suede ankle booties for the ultimate seasonal capsule wardrobe.
How to Style a Slouchy Parka
1. H&M Parka With Hood ($40) + Topshop Petite Rambler Tapestry Skirt ($68): Be it the first day of class or a trip to the vineyard with your gal pals, this slouchy dark green parka is ready to make its debut. Pare it down with a vintage-inspired tapestry skirt and black Chelsea boots (bonus points if you let your marled socks peek out just a smidge) for an off-duty look that slays around the clock.
How to Style a Windbreaker Parka
2. Scotch & Soda Windbreaker Parka ($325) + Rivet & Thread Embroidered Japanese Denim Skirt ($118): Kick off football season with this navy windbreaker parka that will keep you cozy come homecoming weekend. More pulled-together than your traditional anorak, this quilted topper includes a detachable hood and deep pockets, so you can bundle up once the temps dip low. For a preppy look that screams fall traditions, a fisherman sweater and riding boots will take you back to your tailgating days like that.
How to Style a Hooded Parka
3. Zara Water Repellent Parka ($70) + See by Chloé Pleated Cloqué Mini Skirt ($280): Who knew a cropped water-repellent parka and marigold pleated mini could look this DDG? The juxtaposition between casual and feminine is making us swoon hard. Whether you have a class presentation or multiple boardroom meetings to conquer in one afternoon, this youthful combo exudes French-girl sophistication. Opt for a cream-colored blouse and lace-up flats for an outfit that transitions from a.m. to p.m.
How to Style a Printed Parka
4. H&M Short Cotton Parka ($40) + J.Crew Faux-Leather Pleated Mini Skirt ($98): Chic happens, y’all! Take the streets of fashion week (or your own hometown) by storm with this all-star pairing that’s tough-girl chic at its best. While the short camo-printed parka reads downtown, the ultra-feminine accordion-pleat skirt has major uptown, boardroom-approved appeal. Put the two together and BAM — you’ve got a sartorial match made in heaven. Round out your boss-lady ensemble with a graphic t-shirt and lace-up ghillies for instant style cred.
How to Style a Patchwork Parka
5. Boohoo Boutique Imogen Badge Festival Parka ($72) + Madewell Denim Zip Mini Skirt ($78): This just in: An embroidered parka for post-festival season shenanigans is non-negotiable. Between road trips to visit your bestie upstate and apple-picking dates, you’re going to need a wear-everywhere topper that can stand on its own. Channel your inner lumberjack with a plaid flannel shirt and an exposed-zipper mini skirt that fits and flatters in all the right places. Combat boots may or may not be in order as you show everyone who’s boss.
How to Style a Sleek Black Parka
6. H&M Crêped Parka ($50) + H&M A-Line Skirt ($25): Now we’re talking: After a summer spent sweating it out in tissue-thin camis, you finally get to whip out your beloved biker boots and fishnet tights. Lucky for you, we’ve uncovered a sleek crêpe parka that won’t cramp your style one bit. Just toss this edgy topper on alongside a buffalo plaid skirt and studded bucket bag for an outfit that reads too cool for school.
How to Style a Statement-Making Parka
7. Zara Oversized Parka ($100) + Dorothy Perkins Burgundy Embroidered PU Skirt ($49): A parka that speaks louder than words (literally) should be at the top of every BTS shopping list. Blame it on angsty ‘90s punk fashion, but this utility jacket is calling out to the inner misfit in all of us. Balance out your bad-girl ways with a floral embroidered leather skirt and a charming bow-neck blouse. For a man-repelling look, you best be slipping into an “ugly” pair of shearling mules FTW.
How to Style a Metallic Parka
8. Topshop Premium Metallic Parka ($250) + Mango Biker Skirt ($60): Yes, you can rock a leather biker skirt during broad daylight alongside a distressed white tee. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. With a fierce metallic gold parka in tow — and chunky heeled loafers (or Yeezys for those off-duty days) — you’ll easily be the best-dressed #girlboss around. Come after-hours, some next-level bag swag and a knit beanie are obligatory.
How to Style a Boho-Chic Parka
9. Mango Adjustable Cord Parka ($100) + Ulla Johnson Colette Skirt ($299): Cue the fall harvest, ‘cause this boho babe is ready to break out the prairie chic prints and fringed OTK boots. Between outdoor weddings in the countryside and scenic hayrides, you need a laid-back drawstring parka that can be tossed on with zero effort. Seriously, nada! Keep the festival vibes going with a scarf-inspired skirt, slouchy sweater and effortless fedora — now all you need is a pile of leaves to jump in for an Insta-worthy fall photoshoot.
How to Style a Camouflage Parka
10. Topshop Camouflage Longline Parka by Topshop Fields ($140) + Topshop Moto Seam Button Through Skirt ($55): Sorry (not sorry), but you won’t be blending in when wearing this camouflage parka. The oversized, borrowed-from-the-boys fit and rad patches will add a rebellious spirit to every fall #OOTD. While you *could* style it with mom jeans and free-wheelin’ slides, where’s the fun in that? Channel peace, love and good vibes a la this denim button-front skirt that’s polished enough for a date spent pumpkin picking or hitting the wineries.
How to Style a Waxed Parka
11. H&M Coated Parka ($50) + H&M Skirt With Lacing ($30): Our solution to chilly mornings and balmy afternoons? A trusty waxed parka that protects you from the elements — rain or shine. Be it your morning commute, game day or a hot-air balloon ride, this packable parka will go the distance. Ditch the cropped flares for this striped lace-up mini skirt that would look killer with chunky throwback clogs and a mock-neck crop top.
How to Style a Mesh Parka
12. Topshop Hexagon Mesh Parka by Ivy Park ($125) + Topshop Stripe Scallop Skirt ($75): Take a page from our favorite boss (Beyoncé, duh) by ditching the tracksuits and trainers for a casual-cool white mesh parka that commands respect. The oversized cocoon shape and “Bey-hive”-inspired texture make it a shoo-in for every post-gym outing from here on out. Team it alongside a striped scallop skirt and minimalist kicks for an athleisure look that’s perfectly on-trend.
How to Style a Daytime Casual Parka
13. H&M Short Cotton Parka ($40) + Dorothy Perkins Black and Pink A-Line Skirt ($39): In the days leading up to heavy-duty sweater weather, a casual cotton parka will inspire you to do less. Slip on a white tee, a simple floral A-line skirt and end-of-summer woven huaraches for a study sesh on the quad or a spontaneous picnic in the park. Major bonus: The khaki green will work year-round with everything from dainty eyelet dresses and Aztec printed jumpsuits to a chambray shirt.
What’s your favorite way to style a fall parka? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.