Ah, the Fourth of July. The one holiday where it’s perfectly acceptable to don head-to-toe red, white and blue, no explanation necessary. Naturally, if you’re going to embrace our country’s colors, then you might as well go full force. To accompany your undeniably festive attire for the day, we rounded up 13 patriotic nail designs (in honor of the original 13 colonies, of course) that encapsulate everything that we love about the Fourth: stars, stripes, glitter and fireworks.
1. The Tie-Dye Effect: Tie-dye-and-floral-mix nails are seriously so rad. While the idea of actually attempting this DIY is pretty intimidating to amateur nail artists, everyone can admire them from afar. (via Chalkboard Nails)
2. Nautical Nails: A preppy take on your traditional July 4th mani that will complement your chambray shirt and white chinos just perfectly. The stars have been swapped out for anchors, and we’re not complaining one bit! (via Daily Something)
3. Stepping into The Wild: If Katy Perry were to paint her nails for the Fourth, then we imagine they’d look a little something like this. The combination of animal print and glitter makes us want to r-o-a-r along with the fireworks. (via Glitter and Gloss)
4. Starry Manicure: Proof that sometimes less really is more, this starry manicure shouldn’t be overlooked. While it may not scream Independence Day, that’s okay, because your flag print dress will do the job for you anyway! (via Lauren Conrad)
6. Splattered Nails: Channel your inner Jackson Pollock this Fourth and splatter away! The great thing about this mani is that you can’t mess up — in fact, the more painterly, the better (via Spellbound Nails)
11. Home Run Mani: Nothing says the Fourth of July like an All-American baseball game, some hot dogs and a patriotic mani! The navy and gold glitter combined with a white accent nail (and red stitching!) is seriously too cute! (via The Polish Boutique)
13. Abstract Nails: Oh hai, minimalists. Don’t fret. We haven’t forgotten about you! This no-nonsense manicure designed by nail artist Jin Soon Choi is refreshingly simple and can be created by using a thin brush. (via All Lacquered Up)
Which savvy and oh-so-patriotic nail design will you be rocking on the Fourth?