Several beauty products that are seriously trending today originated in Asia. BB creams swept over the world and CC creams followed shortly after. Then came a torrent of cushion compacts, sheet masks, under eye patches and lesser-known products such as rubber masks — all formulated in attempt to achieve that perfect, dewy mul-gwang look. Korea is a trendsetter in Asian beauty products, but many items have yet to find their way stateside. Thanks to site called Peach and Lily, there is a way to have Asian beauty products that were once unattainable without a plane ticket delivered straight to your front door.
According to her interview with Into the Gloss, Peach and Lily founder Alicia Yoon attended Harvard Business School and has always had an interest in skincare, often giving friends and family products she brought back from her travels to Korea. After school, she realized there was a void in the American marketplace for Asian products and she decided to combine the two, taking her love for Korean beauty and her business school know-how to start the website. Below are five of the items that we are seriously coveting from Peach and Lily.
1. Mizon All-in-One Snail Repair Cream ($38): Yup, you read that right. Snail “slime” is touted for its restorative properties. This cream can help reduce fine lines as well as acne or blemish scarring. Plus, it has multiple five-star reviews on the site!
2. Shangpree Gold Black Pearl Hydrogel Eyemask ($60): This mask contains antioxidants to combat aging and brighten your skin tone while diminishing dark circles. Basically, it’s a miracle cream.
3. Caolion Blackhead O2 Bubble Pore Pack ($26): Oxygen and charcoal, baby! That’s what makes up this funky-colored mask that will help draw out all that gunk in your skin, like blackheads, whiteheads and dirt. It exfoliates and hydrates, too.
4. Banila Co. Clean It Zero ($18): This product starts out in a creamy sherbet form, and as you work it in, it dissolves into an oil moisturizer and cleanser. It also smells awesome thanks to the papaya and herbs in the formula.
5. Cremorlab Hydro Plus Aqua Tank Water-Full Sheet Mask ($12): Sheet masks are all the rage, and we seriously can’t get enough. This Cremorlab mask is deeply hydrating and delivers skin-firming collagen directly to your face. Winter is coming, y’all, so prep your skin now!
Would you do the snail extract cream? Tell us in the comments!
(Photos via @peachandlily)