As the summer winds to an end, we’re taking advantage of all the fresh fruit and warm days (and nights!) by cooking up a storm in the kitchen and on the grill. This week it’s all about the peach, that sweet and slightly fuzzy fruit that’s great in fruit salad and cobbler, but which we’re dying to experiment with further. We’ve rounded up 20 creative and mouthwatering ways to up your peach intake during the last dog days of summer.
2. Strawberry Peach Guacamole: This might just be the perfect recipe to whip up for a Labor Day potluck or any other end-of-summer shindig. The addition of strawberry and peach adds a fresh twist on traditional guac. (via Little Leopard Book)
3. Peanut Butter Peach Grilled Sandwich: Who doesn’t love a good PB sandwich? The combination of peach and homemade chipotle honey peanut butter make this delicious and tossing it on the grill makes it epic. (via Half Baked Harvest)
4. Peach Pie Ice Cream Float: Ice cream floats are totally our jam. This decadent version features peach soda, vanilla ice cream, and fresh peaches sauteed with cinnamon and vanilla. (via Grandbaby Cakes)
6. Peach Brie Pizza: This might be our new favorite take on pizza and, trust us, it’s got some stiff competition. The balsamic reduction tops off the peach and brie flavors beautifully. (via Culinary Adventures in the Kitchen)
7. Sweet BBQ Kabobs: A slightly healthier take on barbeque, these kabobs feature chicken, peaches, onions, sweet potatoes, and a sweet glaze, perfect for a warm evening out in the backyard. (via The Doctor’s Daughter)
8. Peach Pot Pie: Our mouths are watering just thinking about this recipe. The peach mascarpone pot pie is topped with a ginger molasses cookie lid and we have to eat it, like, now. (via Lady and Pups)
10. Peach-a-Coloda Cupcakes: Coconut rum buttercream frosting + peach cupcakes = the best idea we’ve ever heard. This tropical treat will have you dreaming of white sand beaches in no time. (via Peanut Butter and Julie)
11. Bourbon Peaches and Coconut Cream Pancakes: Weekend brunches are the best. Weekend brunches with bourbon peach pancakes covered in coconut cream and bourbon cream syrup? Incredible! (via Half Baked Harvest)
13. Peach Pie Cinnamon Rolls: Peach pie for breakfast? Why not! Make a bunch Sunday night and pop in the microwave on Monday morning to start your week with a warm and delicious treat. (via Foods for the Soul)
15. Bourbon Peach Sweet Tea: Speaking of peaches and tea, did you really think we’d finish the list without including a cocktail? Add some bourbon and Aperol to peach sweet tea and you’ve got a Southern treat with a kick. (via Host the Toast Blog)
16. Grilled Peaches with Cream and Honey: Peaches and cream is a classic sweet for a reason. Throw those peaches on the grill and add some honey and you’ve got a reinvented classic that’ll blow your mind. (via A Healthy Life for Me)
18. Boozy Peach Popsicles: A recipe after our own heart. This spiked sweet is a must for the hot last days of summer and the fresh fruit lets you sneak some healthiness in with your booziness. (via Pale Yellow)
How are you using fresh peaches this season? Are there any great end-of-summer recipes we’re missing? Talk to us in the comments below.