When that first hint of cooler fall temps appears on your weather app, it’s officially time to make some seasonal swaps. We’re not just talking about trading your favorite Starbucks Frap for hot lattes or stashing away your summer sandals to make room for fancy flats (though you might want to put those on your fall to-do list too). When it comes to preserving your skin’s healthy summer glow well into the next season, we recommend passing up your basic bottled toner for something a little more serious. Peel pads and wipes are just the thing to battle the parched, dull skin that often comes with fall weather. These skin savers are soaked in powerful, glow-inducing ingredients that will leave your skin looking summer-fresh all autumn long. Plus, they’re way more convenient than toting a bottle of toner and cotton pads. Scroll down to discover your next skincare secret weapon.
1. Somme Institute Transport Pads ($58): These cult-classic pads are a major hit for a reason: science. They’re saturated with vitamins A, C, E, B3 and B5, designed to help improve skin tone and texture, and AHA to gently exfoliate dead cells. Swipe ’em morning and night, right after cleansing and before serums and moisturizers.
2. MALIN+GOETZ Glycolic Acid Pads ($48): The physician-grade glycolic acid on these pads works like a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to thoroughly slough away dead skin. It brings glowy, J.Lo-worthy skin to the surface and won’t interfere with any of the acne treatments or anti-aging products in your regimen. So go ahead and get your glow on, girl!
3. HydroPeptide 5X Power Peel ($68): Why go for one superstar ingredient when you can have five? The cocktail of glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, exfoliating peptide and mushroom enzyme team up in a super effective formula yielding brighter skin and a healthier-looking complexion. If you’re having visions of irritated skin due to these powerful ingredients, have no fear — each wipe also includes red and green tea to soothe.
4. L’Oréal Revitalift Bright Reveal Peel Pads ($20): We all have those days when our skin is feeling less bouncy, less radiant and overall just less like you. These little pads are the perfect remedy for lackluster skin that isn’t reaching its glow-tential. Soaked in glycolic acid, these wipes are formulated to whisk away dull dead skin cells and reveal a bright new surface layer. Use them at night, and be sure to follow up with an SPF the next morning.
5. DERMAdoctor Kakadu C™ Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pads With Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E ($78): If you have dark spots, acne scarring or uneven skin tone, then pick up a pack of these. Each wipe is packed with kakadu plum, which DERMAdoctor claims is one of the richest known natural vitamin C sources on Earth. Pro Tip: You can leave one on your skin just as you would a mask for one to three minutes to really soak in the vitamin C goodness.
6. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel ($16): This two-step system doesn’t score rave reviews for nothing. The first step works hard to exfoliate, and the second delivers a heavy dose of anti-aging and nourishing ingredients. The result is a lit-from-within glow that’s seriously stunning. Best of all, this pad is ideal for all skin types, including dry, oily and combination.
7. Glycolix Elite Gly-Sal 10-2 Pads ($22): Word to the wise: This peel pad’s scent is not for the faint of heart. The good news is, once you get past the less-than-pleasant smell, you’ll fall head over heels for the product, which gets the “10-2” in its name from its formula: 10% pure glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid. This ingredient power couple packs a one-two punch to unclog pores and soothe breakouts. They’re especially great for acne-prone skin types that lean more on the oily side.
8. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads ($30): By now we all know that glycolic acid is the superhero of at-home peel pad ingredients, but this option also includes lactic acid to safely tone and brighten. Don’t let the standard issue packaging fool you; these little wonders also include a host of exotic ingredients such as Indian gooseberry, licorice root and cucumber, to leave skin looking as radiant as the golden butterfly Snapchat filter.
9. AVON Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel ($22): Devout AVON fans have given this product close to 600 glowing reviews, and some have been using these peel pads for 5-10 years. This budget-friendly option brings the spa to you with soothing botanicals that cleanse and moisturize skin. Glide these over your face two to three times per week to boost your radiance factor.
10. Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Toner Pads ($29): Blemishes are no match for these toner-soaked bamboo pads. These natural beauty wonders will control oil and shine with salicylic acid from willow bark and shrink pores thanks to a dose of witch hazel. One helpful hack is to swipe these post-shave to prevent ingrown hairs, or post-workout to prevent breakouts.
Looking for more beauty products to add your arsenal? Visit our Pinterest for more must-haves.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.