How the heck is it nearly the end of the year again? Seriously, we never saw it coming. We’ve been so up to our knees with craft nights and mani-pedi parties that we’ve barely been able to keep up with our social calendar. And there’s no sign of it slowing down anytime soon. So guess who doesn’t have time for dry skin? That’s right — us. You can bet your egg nog we’ve figured out 12 ways to bring in the winter season with perfectly glowing, moisturized skin. And keep it that way.
1. Swap Your Cleanser: Step away from that foam cleanser, ladies. Nothing strips skin more than suds, so make sure you switch to an oil- or milk-based cleanser for the winter. Does that feel too drastic to you? Make it a gel cleanser. (via Daily Makeover)
2. Oil Up: You heard us loud and clear. There’s no need to be scared. Smearing oils on your face is no nightmarish challenge; it’s actually the perfect way to keep that healthy glow all winter long. (via Lauren Conrad)
3. End All Hot Showers: There’s nothing better than feeling all cozy and warm in the shower, but not at the expense of our baby soft skin. Cool it down, sisters. If lukewarm sounds like torture, keep your showers short. (via Beauty High)
7. Have a Drink: You may not feel thirsty, but your body certainly still needs all the hydration it can get. Warming up with caffeine or helping yourself to bevvies at the holiday party? Dodge dehydration by doubling up on your water intake. (via The Beauty Department)
12. Itchy Dry Scalp: We’ve all been there, so what’s the secret behind this age-old issue? Olive oil, coconut oil or Vitamin E should do the trick. Massage some into your scalp pre-shower and jump into lukewarm water. If that doesn’t kick it, call in the troops, aka apple cider vinegar. (via Greatist)
What’s your favorite winter skincare secret? Share the deets below!