If you haven’t noticed, retro beauty trends have a tendency to resurface every few decades. From grunge-worthy ’90s hairstyles to ’70s fringe manis, our go-to beauty routines are always primed for a throwback upgrade. That’s why it’s no surprise that a curl-tastic trend has snuck its way back into our nostalgic hearts. Whether we like it or not, perm curls are back and bigger than ever. The mom-approved trend is reprising its popularity thanks to celebrities like Julianne Hough and Jenna Dewan Tatum, who have been rocking curly locks all over Instagram. Since then, the perm has been popping up everywhere, and now our own tresses are begging for a makeover. If you’re thinking of trying this Madonna-esque hairstyle, check out how these 10 celebs are rocking the ’80s look STAT.
1. Karlie Kloss: Is there any look Karlie can’t pull off? Her curly mane is making us swoon with its effortless, high-volume coils and beachy accents.
2. Serena Williams: This tennis pro knows how to score big when it comes to her luscious locks. Serena is looking GORGEOUS with a retro middle-part perm and bombshell thigh-high slit.
3. FKA Twigs: We simply can’t get enough of FKA Twigs’s wild-child curls. This bohemian style would be perfect for that upcoming music festival. Try using a texturizing spray to keep it looking fresh in the summer heat.
4. St. Vincent: Musician extraordinaire St. Vincent isn’t afraid to let her curls do their thing. Her permed waves are out of this world and totally achievable for any free-spirited chick.
5. Ilana Glazer: We love Ilana for her comedic chops, but we can’t stop staring at her fuss-free bob. Consider this the perfect look for when you’re hanging with the girls for Sunday brunch or sipping on a nightcap with your boo.
6. Blake Lively: Soon-to-be mom Blake Lively is always experimenting with her long locks. This retro style perfectly complements her eye-catching summer bodycon dress and strappy heels.
7. Jillian Hervey: Lionbabe’s lead singer Jillian Hervey is no stranger to big, over-the-top curls. If you’re blessed with this kind of natural volume, ruffle your mane with your fingers for an effortless tousled look that will have everyone talking.
8. Bella Hadid: Bella is looking #flawless with this pompadour-inspired updo. With plenty of bobby pins and a healthy dose of hairspray, you can achieve this look for a fancy night out.
9. Jenna Dewan Tatum: Fully embrace your curly mane a la Jenna Dewan Tatum. Tame any frizz with a bit of product, or let it do its thing for a chic woke-up-like-this look.
10. Gigi Hadid: The other Hadid knows how to rock a perm too. Loosely pull your tresses into a cute side pony for the perfect girl-next-door style you can rock all summer.
Will you try the perm trend this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!