For those of you who are lucky enough to call yourselves pet parents to a dog or cat, chances are you’ll do anything for your furry and faithful friends. And by anything, we mean throwing an EPIC wedding celebration, of course! Just imagine your little girl or boy walking down the aisle in their finest collar about to marry the love of their life. The pet wedding essentials below will help make their big day *extra* special. Think: adorable favor bags, puppy tuxes, feline floral crowns and yarn-filled decor. Scroll on to get inspired and start planning the dog or cat wedding of your, err, their dreams.
1. Goody Favor Bags: Any kitty or kitty lover would appreciate a cute and colorful gift bag like this one. Add initials of the happy couple under the heart for an extra special touch. (via Fête Gazette)
2. Waterfront Location: A cute photo shoot of the newlyweds at a gorgeous location is a definite must. Any special spot would do, but if you’re going for a sweet nautical vibe like this one, try hosting the event at a beach or marina. (via @sarahlewisphotography)
3. Rope Dog Leash ($58): If you’ve got a rowdy one, keep them from jumping all over your guests with a chic dog leash like this rope one. The white and blush design will bring some traditional shades of pastel to any non-traditional wedding celebration.
4. Jenn’s Doodle World Pugs Wedding Save the Date Invitation ($3): Let your friends know about your pet’s upcoming wedding with an invitation that features a classy silhouette of their little selves. Too cute! (via Zazzle)
5. Yarn in Glass: Top off your cat-friendly tablescape with balls of yarn in glasses that include a cutout cat with your guests’ names. Both knitters and cats alike will love this playful favor. (via Carmen Santorelli / Amorology)
6. DIY Junk Food Cat Toy: These catnip-filled cat toys inspired by junk food aren’t just hilarious, they’re the perfect way to keep cats occupied for hours. Save these toys for an afternoon playtime after the ceremony, or give them out as wedding favors at the end. (via Beautiful Mess)
7. Signage: Every wedding needs signage, so make sure your cat wedding guests know what’s up with a fun one like this. You can use Photoshop, or look for a free printable online. Either way, it will be the purrr-fect addition to the wedding decor. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
10. Balls of Yarn Centerpiece: Deck out your kitty wedding tablescape with some (or many!) balls of yarn. Just make sure you secure them to the table so the kitties don’t go yarn crazy. Unless that’s the kind of cute you live for. (via Bridal Musings)
11. DIY Dog Collar Bow Tie: Just look at that slobbery smile! Spiff up your pooch with an adorable bow tie collar you can make in no time. Choose a bright pattern or colors that go with your existing theme. (via Good Dogs)
12. Cat Cake Topper: It isn’t a real wedding without some cake. Opt for a simple design with a cute cat or dog cake topper like this beauty. Whether you make it yourself or not, try to opt for a pet-friendly recipe so your furry friends can enjoy some of the tasty treat. (via Tidewater and Tulle)
13. Cat Treat Favors: Give your guests a sweet treat for pets (and humans) to take home. It makes an adorable + affordable favor everyone will love. Bonus points if you toss in a bit of catnip. (via Rock ‘n’ Roll Bride)
14. Watering Station: Make sure your pets stay hydrated with an array of water bowls like this colorful watering station. Lay down a vinyl tablecloth, and maybe throw in a couple of pet-friendly fruits and veggies to create some fancy flavored water. (via Brit + Co)
15. Diamond Cat House: Your pets won’t exactly be wearing diamond rings at the wedding, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have any diamonds. Decorate your cat wedding with this giant DIY gem that doubles as a cat crib. Your feline guests won’t be able to resist popping in and out of this fancy house. (via Something Turquoise)
16. Seating For Dog Lovers: This seating chart for a dog wedding is barking adorable. To ensure everything goes smoothly, you’ll want to check beforehand to see which pets get along best with other pets before drawing out your table arrangements. (via Lucy Says I Do)
17. Floral Feline: Okay, this cat wearing a floral crown needs to be a meme. If you’re taken with how cute this kitten looks too, make sure to whip up a DIY flower crown for your own kitty’s big day. (via Deer Pearl Flowers)
18. Ceremony Program: Your friends will appreciate the extra effort you put into your pet’s wedding with this cute, personalized pet program. It’s another detail that’ll up the adorable factor of the entire ceremony. (via Danfredo Photos + Films)
19. DIY Flower Dog Collar: Save big bucks with a DIY floral collar as an alternative to a fancy store-bought one. She’s sure to look like one “pretty girl” (cue high-pitched cooing) with this spring-perfect floral wreath. (via Stars for Streetlights)
Have you thrown a wedding for your pets? Follow us on Pinterest for more pet goodies and gadgets!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.