Don’t waste your time + money at the store looking for the notebook that will make your kiddo drop everything to draw. DIY one from scratch (and get them involved with the process!). Click through to Mer Mag for the full tutorial.
What You’ll NeedRead More
- scrap leather the color you like ( A piece )
- rotary cutter
- ruler/straight edge
- Interior papers
- Sewing Machine
- spray glue
- acrylic craft paint
- A piece of scrap leather the color you like and large enough for the size of journal you want to make. I would suggest taking the kids on a field trip to your local leather shop. They’ll love learning about all the different types and colors of leather to
- Rotary cutter and ruler/straight edge
- Interior papers. I suggest introducing your child to some nicer papers such as fine art drawing or water color paper which are a perfect companion to leather. Just don’t go too think or it will be more difficult to fold.
- Sewing machine and thread (or thick sturdy needle and thread if you want to teach a simple book binding technique by hand such as we used here).
- Spray glue for adhering horse stencil
Ready to make? Find out how onMer Mag