There’s a popular discussion surrounding pineapple that tends to rear its grisly head between pals every once in a while; yup, we’re talking about the ol’ “pineapple on pizza” debate. Whether you’re for or against isn’t our concern, but we NEED you to know that pineapple doesn’t just belong in piña coladas, friends. Fruits deserve way more recognition. (Have you tried grilled peaches?) For that very reason, we’re sharing 14 irresistible dinner recipes that will have you rethinking the pineapple’s entire purpose.
1. Ham and Pineapple Fried Rice: It’s time to up your rice game, folks. Ham and pineapple steal the show in this wholesome dish, and the sweet and sour sauce is definitely the proverbial cherry on top. (via The Modern Proper)
2. Rainbow Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs: This crowd-pleaser is the ONLY patio dinner you need this summer. Chicken, crisp veggies, and sweet pineapple chunks are grilled to perfection, then slathered with a finger-lickin’ teriyaki sauce that is mmm-mmm good. (via Gimme Some Oven)
3. Gochujang Pulled Pork Korean Pizza With Kimchi Dipping Sauce: Heads up: This is *not* your average pineapple and ham pizza. With the addition of spicy pulled pork, red onions, and unique kimchi sauce, this pie can convert the haters among us. (via The Endless Meal)
4. Roasted Sweet Potato and Pineapple Curry: Curry is mostly associated with the cooler months, but it doesn’t have to be that way. With the addition of sweet and juicy pineapple, this recipe puts a summery twist on a comforting fave. (via Choosing Chia)
5. Authentic Tacos al Pastor: For convenience, this tender marinated pork shoulder can be cooked in a pressure cooker or a slow cooker. Sweeeeet. Once done, it’s topped with chopped pineapple, cilantro, and fiery salsa. (via Kevin Is Cooking)
6. Blackened Grilled Salmon Salad With Pineapple Salsa: If you’re looking for a healthy and robust summer salad that eats like a meal, you’ve just found it. Finished with flaky salmon, this medley gives you a fantastic blend of grilled corn, beans, peppers, and a pineapple salsa that will shake up your tastebuds. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
7. Sweet and Sour Shrimp Bowl: This dinner is a winner, and your entire fam will *love* it. Fluffy rice is topped with saucy pineapples, peppers, onions, and snap peas for a veg-filled dinner that is anything but boring. (via Taste and See)
8. Pineapple Brown Sugar-Glazed Pork Chops: It’s official: Apples are no longer a pork chop’s go-to. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, these chops get bathed in a sweet pineapple juice bath, and it’s AH-mazing. (via The Seasoned Mom)
9. Grilled Salmon With Warm Pineapple Salsa: If you ever thought salmon was boring, think again! These perfectly pink fillets are capped off with a warm, sweet, and tangy salsa made up of onions, honey, peppers, and pineapple. Gimme. (via The Lemon Press)
10. Pineapple Quinoa and Leek Sautéed Salad: Ideal for picnics, potlucks, or as a simple dinner side, this salad kicks quinoa up a few notches with juicy pineapples and flavorful leeks. (via Savory Spin)
11. Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham: With just three ingredients and a slow cooker, you too could be diving into this ham. Packed with sweet ‘n’ salty goodness, this sugary pineapple ham is Sunday dinner and potluck perfection. (via Dinner, Then Dessert)
12. Jerk Shrimp With Pineapple Rice: If you dig some heat with your sweet, give this recipe a whirl. Jerk shrimp is served over fragrant pineapple rice for a dinner that’s as wholesome as it is tasty. (via Yum in Your Tum)
13. Teriyaki Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Salad: For those days you find yourself craving a humongous salad for dinner, this one will satisfy. Teriyaki-marinated chicken brings the savory, while pineapple dishes the sweet in this healthful mix. (via Wholesome Cook)
For more seasonal dinner inspo, check us out on Pinterest.