Despite how it sounds, “pink eye” is a new makeup trend you’re actually gonna want to try. No longer reserved for super girly girls or Halloween princess costumes, pink eye has officially entered badass territory — it’s totally on trend to rock this Barbie-approved color on your lids. The hue can take your look into fun-and-flirty or fierce-AF territory, depending on the shades you choose (fuchsia, dusty rose and bubblegum, just to name a few). Need some inspo? We searched Insta for the prettiest pink peepers (try saying that five times fast) — so check them out below.
1. Romantic Rose: For a soft take on a smokey eye, swap out your trusty gray shadows for pink hues like mauve or raspberry. Finish with winged black liquid liner for a dramatic effect.
2. Neon: Go bold or go home — that’s what we always say! When rocking a bright shadow, keep the rest of your makeup minimal to make sure your eyes pop. A kiss of gloss is all you need to finish this look.
3. Dusty Pink: Talk about out-of-this-world gorgeous! Recreate this heavenly look by sweeping an iridescent shimmer across your lids and lips for a monochromatic twist on your GNO style.
4. Coral Crush: We’re obsessed with this fresh coral shade that creates an all-over flushed tone to her complexion. Full arches and matte lips are musts for this Kylie Jenner-inspired style.
5. Magic Magenta: On Wednesdays we wear pink… actually, now you can sport this gorgeous shade every day. The best part? These magenta and cranberry shades look gorg on all skin tones.
6. Fab Fuchsia: This shimmering cotton candy-to-pomegranate fade is giving us all the sultry feels. Finish with a liquid liner and false lashes for a look that slays.
7. Sunset: Give your lids a fresh, playful look with a sunset color palette. When choosing shades, opt for a bubblegum-to-orange blend and cap the look off with a touch of glitter FTW.
8. Rockin’ Rouge: Take your cat eye to the next level with a sparkly liquid liner in this unexpected hue. Swipe on a metallic shadow and glowing pink highlighter (on the inner corners of the eyes and cheekbones) and you’re good to go.
9. Fairy Tale Romance: Unleash your inner girly girl with metallic-to-matte shadows. Mega lashes and a bold pink pout are perfectly pretty finishing touches, don’t you think?
10. Peacock: Looking for something that seriously stands out? Channel nature’s most beautiful bird with a trio of pink, purple and teal hues.
11. Hot Pink: Here’s proof that you can go bold with both your eyes and lips without going overboard. Sparkly neon shadow looks fierce AF with a bright red pout. PS: Whoever said pink and red don’t go together clearly has never seen this Instababe.
12. Radiant and Rosy: If you really want your peepers to pop, try using complementary shades to define each part of your eyes (lash line, lid, crease and brow bone). A high-shine lip gloss will take your look to mega-babe status.
13. Rainbow Bright: Do you dare to rock rainbow shadow? For look-at-me lids, combine a few bright colors — think pink, orange, green and blue. Finish with fanned-out falsies on your upper lashes to really bring the drama.
14. Maroon Mood: We can’t help but fall in love with this seasonal take on the pink eye. Maroon and burgundy hues are sure to wow well into fall and winter, thanks to their moody tones and flawless finish.
15. Blushing Bae: Cotton candy never looked so good! Don’t be afraid to play around with different finishes — like a matte eye and glossy lip — to up the ante on these soft hues. A swipe of bronzer will blend to create a fall-friendly beach-babe look.
16. Tickled Pink: There’s something so ethereal about this soft pink eye. Use a deeper maroon shade in your crease to really define the look. Finish with rose gold glitter on the inner corners for a look that’s completely mesmerizing.
17. Radiant Raspberry: We’re getting total unicorn vibes from this majestic makeup look. Shimmer shadow + vibrant shades + highlighter = mystical perfection.
18. Bright Orchid: For lids that get alllll the attention, opt for an uncompromising shade like this wild orchid. Layer your look with metallic, silky and matte versions of this shade when you’re out to get all the double taps.
Follow us on Pinterest for more next-level beauty inspo!