When it’s too hot for a blazer or a denim jacket, but an extra layer is totally necessary, a kimono is the piece you’ll reach for every single time. The timeless garment is incredibly effortless, with no shortage of toss-on-and-go appeal, and it’s lightweight enough to tuck into a bag when things start to heat up. It’s an all-around sartorial win. But more than that, the #OOTD factor is so there, and we’re not just talking about its main-stage potential. Beyond the festival gates, the bohemian staple straight-up slays, whether you’re chillin’ on the beach or taking to the streets, lending a touch of glamour to everything from ’70s-inspired one-piece swimsuits (complete with crochet and lace-up detailing) to band tees and cropped jeans. If that’s not enough to sway you, scroll on for 10 Pinterest-worthy styles that are guaranteed to take your summer wardroe to the next level.
1. Subtle Luxury Caza Kimono ($108): No glamping adventure would be complete without a chic cover-up to toss on for fireside chillin’ with a glass of bubbly. Team it with boyfriend jeans, a classic tee and huarache sandals when you’re out in the wild, or channel your inner Stevie Nicks for a festival with a swishy skirt, silk cami and killer arm party.
2. Out from Under Mia Midi Duster Kimono ($69): A show-stopping bikini deserves an equally as standout cover-up, and this two-tone kimono more than delivers. The wide bell sleeves, daringly high slits and tassel tie front were practically made for getting your glamazon on poolside or in the sand. The only thing missing? A dramatic floppy hat and oversized shades, dahhhling.
3. Genuine People Red White Floral Kimono With Fringe ($58): Enter the flirty botanical kimono that will become your go-to topper for every swanky soiree on the schedule this season. Pull out all the stops by teaming it with a sophisticated midi dress, silver block heels and asymmetric earrings for an upcoming engagement party or a birthday blowout.
4. Lotus and Luna Blue Ombre Kimono ($59): Beach babes everywhere, eat your hearts out! Solidify your status as a straight-up sea goddess this summer with an oceanic kimono that was made for exotic getaways and lazy weekends spent with your toes in the sand. Windswept locks, cutoffs and statement shades are obligatory, so don’t you dare leave home without ’em in tow.
5. Billabong Always a Dreamer Kimono ($60): Whether you’re a festival-loving femme or subscribe to a more minimalist aesthetic, this flowy floral kimono is a must. It provides the foundation for an Insta-worthy look that requires zero effort, so all that’s left to add is a bodysuit, messy topknot and high-waisted shorts.
6. Alistar Multicolor Geometric Print Poncho Cover Up Kimono ($20): This vibrant geometric number is what your carefully curated arsenal of modern basics has been missing. Teamed with statement earrings and an embellished woven clutch, it’ll take a simple sheath or shortalls into front-row territory like that.
7. DailyLook Floral Embroidered Sheer Kimono ($60): Get ready to go all-out rockstar this season, thanks to this fringe-flecked kimono that conveniently pairs with, well, just about everything in your summer capsule wardrobe. For GNO, style it alongside a slinky slip dress and studded peep-toe booties for a downright DDG look with major ‘tude.
8. Jules Smith Moroccan Tile Kimono ($125): Inspired by Moroccan tiles, this easy-breezy piece just might inspire a bit of wanderlust. Ideal for travel or breezy summer nights, the two-in-one stunner can be worn as an oversized scarf or a kimono. Layer it over a streamlined jumpsuit and slip-on flats for the perfect girl-on-the-go ensemble that’ll get you through security like a pro.
9. N NATORI Peony Bouquet Robe ($68): When your go-to trench starts to feel meh, whip out this peony-studded stunner to up the ante on everyday looks. For maximum impact, take a color-block approach to the rest of your ensemble, and round out the getup with sleek, sculptural accessories.
10. Wild Daisy Kaylyn Kimono ($32): ICYMI: The ‘90s are back in a big way, meaning all your favorite duds from the decade are in style again. This floral kimono will give a grunge goddess getup (think: halter top, cutoffs and choker combo) a summery twist the second you slip it on. You’re welcome.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.