Even if you’re not a huge football fan, there’s something to appreciate about Super Bowl Sunday. There’s the corny commercials, fun decor and, of course, the killer finger food (meatballs, anyone?). For the ultimate spread, it’s essential to include a few winning dips that go perfectly with pita chips. Let’s be honest, tortilla chips are so 2015, and crackers? No thanks! Whether you go savory all the way or throw in a sweet dip to balance your offerings, here are 16 recipe ideas to help you get your (pita) dip on.
1. Acorn Squash & Caramelized Onion Dip: This is the dip that you’re going to be sneaking off with in the middle of the game to go enjoy by yourself. The extra effort that you put in roasting the squash is well worth the flavorful outcome. (via Oh My Veggies)
2. Baba Ganoush — Smokey Eggplant Dip With Pomegranates: This baba ganoush is so full of amazing Middle Eastern flavors that are perfect for a classic pita chip. It’s the eggplant version of hummus that your guests will surely be thanking you for. (via Spice Chronicles)
3. Beer Cheese Dip: Nothing says “football” quite like beer and cheese. Since there’s bound to be plenty of ale floating around at your party, you should definitely whip up this dip. Plus, it takes just a couple of minutes to come together. (via Culinary Hill)
4. Black Bean Hummus Taco Dip With Pita Chips: Why have either taco dip or hummus when you can have both? Bonus: If you’re interested in making your own pita chips to go with it, you can find out how to do that here as well. (via The Foodie and the Fix)
5. Blue Cheese and Bacon Guacamole Dip: You can’t have a Super Bowl party without lots and lots of guac. Add a salty bite to your typical recipe by adding blue cheese and bacon. (via Fox Valley Foodie)
6. Caramel Butter Pecan Cake Batter Dip: Most indulgent dip ever? Yep! Here’s how to basically eat cake without baking it. With Cool Whip and Greek yogurt as the base and caramel swirls, this dip would be perfect with cinnamon sugar pita chips. (via Something Swanky)
8. Garlic Feta Dip: When you realize it’s the day before and you haven’t thought of anything to bring to the party you’re going to… this is the dip you need. You probably have everything you need already, and all of your friends will think you were well prepared. (via Well Plated)
9. Hot Gruyere and White Wine Chicken Dip: Just imagine yourself in your cute Anthro apron, pulling this steamy, cheesy skillet of dip out of the oven, and everyone gasps at the sight of it… Okay, maybe that won’t happen, but this dip is sure to win everyone’s heart, regardless. (via Heartbeet Kitchen)
10. Hummus With Forty Cloves: Don’t let all that garlic scare you! By slow roasting the cloves, you get a wonderful sweet and mellow flavor that you will love. Try this one with some multigrain pita chips that will hold up the bold flavors of this dip. (via The View from Great Island)
11. Lightened Up Cheesy Brussels Sprout Leek Dip: When your pals are going crazy for this dip, you can sit back and smile knowing that it’s full of Brussels sprouts that they probably won’t even detect. Imagine their surprise after they beg for the recipe… (via Flavor the Moments)
13. Oreo PB and Chocolate Dip: If ever there was a need for the heart-eyes emoji, this is it. How tempting does this dip look? Try scooping with plain pita chips to balance out the intense sweetness. (via Drool Worthy Daily)
14. Smoked Cheddar and Cranberry Dip: If you’re looking for a dip that has everything, this is it. It’s cheesy, smokey, spicy and slightly sweet. There’s something for everyone! Try charring your own pita chips to echo the smoked cheddar flavor. (via Chase That I Love)
15. Superfood Enchilada Dip: This dip is so chock-full of healthy veggies and beans, it could totally be a meal in itself. Keep the healthy vibe going with multigrain pita chips and maybe you won’t feel so guilty about eating all those dessert dips too. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
16. Yogurt Pesto Dip With Homemade Thyme Pita Chips: Yogurt is such an easy way to throw together a simple and delicious dip. Since this dip takes all of one minute to mix together, you’ll have plenty of time to make your own pita chips as well. (via Mommyhood’s Diary)
Tweet us and let us know what you’ll be making on game day!