Things are really starting to heat up around here. So what better way to cool down than by throwing an epic pool party this weekend that Taylor Swift would approve of? From the food to the cocktails and that bright + sunny decor, there are plenty of ways to liven up your pool party this summer. Check out these 21 essentials that will make sure you bring your A game.
1. Inflatable Flamingo Pool Toy ($55): This is one toy that will look pretty as it floats through the water and it has a surface large enough to lay out on. It’ll make your lazy pool-lounging days a breeze.
2. Pineapple Cups (2 for $3): These yellow pineapple sippy cups are way more festive than your typical plastic red cup. And with its snap-on lid and green plastic straw, you’re less likely to deal with cleaning up drink spills after the party.
3. Ice Pop Garland ($13): Keep your party decor cool with this ice pop kit from Paper Source. The pre-cut shapes are easy to put together and can be used in a variety of ways: String it together as a garland, or use them to add a pop of color to your serving table.
4. Margarita Mix ($8): Blend up some delicious beverages in a snap with these Powell & Mahoney Margarita Mixes. Keep it sweet and tangy with mango-passion fruit flavor, or bring the heat with the jalapeño-lime mix.
5. Inflatable Joust Game ($30): What’s a party without a little fun and games? We’re sure this inflatable joust game will be way more fun after a few cocktails.
6. Watermelon Plates ($6): Brighten up your serving options with these watermelon plates. They look so good that you may have to remind your guests they aren’t edible.
8. Towels ($59): Stock up on extra towels so guests don’t have to worry about forgetting to bring their own.
9. Serving Trays ($40): These trays come in a variety of colors and sizes, making them a great versatile option for serving food and cocktails at your backyard pool party.
10. Pineapple Ice Tray ($14): Use this cute pineapple ice tray to add fun shapes to cocktails and soda. You can even freeze juice for unique-shaped, mini frozen treats to cool off with throughout the party.
11. Cocktail Stirrers ($5): Cocktail stirrers are a cute and simple way to dress up any drink, and this colorful set is a perfect accent for your summer spirits.
12. DIY Beach Ball Garland: Try this project from Studio DIY to create a super quick and easy decoration. We’re thinking these would look so cute strung across a pool or around a table. (via StudioDIY)
13. Colorful Chairs ($50): When you and your guests aren’t enjoying the pool, you’ll need a comfy place to sit. Opt for an outdoor-friendly set that will look stylish around your backyard, like this set of director’s chairs from West Elm.
14. Giant Jenga: Keep your guests entertained with fun games both in and out of the pool. This giant Jenga game would be great for guests who need a break from the water AND is an easy peasy DIY for your next weekend project. (via A Beautiful Mess)
15. Tasty Treats: Opt for a unique appetizer that will wow everyone at your party. These Roasted Garlic Lamb, Tzatziki and Potato Chip Bites are perfectly light and flavorful for all of your summer gatherings. (via Brit + Co)
16. Floating Pool Speaker ($70): What’s a party without music? This waterproof speaker lasts for up to eight hours and has play, pause, skip and volume controls, meaning you never have to leave the pool.
17. Cute Colorful Grill ($90): Summertime equals grill time. This one is small enough to be stored away when not in use, but with its cute teal color, we’d probably want to keep it on display year-round.
19. Floating Cooler ($92): You’re going to need a cooler full of ice to make sure your drinks stay cold. We’re pretty set on having this one floating around in our pool whenever we’re feeling thirsty.
20. Underwater Camera ($20): Capture all those underwater and poolside adventures with a cute mini camera like this one.
21. Sunscreen ($13 – $19): Probably one of the most important things that we tend to forget is our sunscreen. Keep yourself protected with this SPF-50 spray. It’s infused with vitamin C and antioxidants, which makes it great for your skin, plus it’s easy to reapply throughout the day.
What are some things you can’t go without when planning a pool party? Let us know in the comments!