If there’s one fall wardrobe must-have every fashion girl needs in her arsenal, it’s a chic sac for an iCal full of after-hours events. Minaudieres, box clutches and camera bags are a dime a dozen these days — they’re sophisticated, sleek and fun — but this season it’s all about petite pouches that exude fancy-gal glamour. It won’t be long until one of these stunners assumes a permanent place in your lineup — day and night. Whether your style has It-girl aspirations or leans more on the side of classic, one of the 12 flawless picks below is sure to catch your eye.
1. Mango Zip Leather Clutch ($60): Colorphobes, listen up! If you plan on sticking to a neutral color palette this fall, best make sure you balance it out with pieces that read contemporary cool. Case in point: this tassel-trimmed clutch. What it lacks in color it makes up for in wow factor, thanks to details like swingy fringe and a statement circular embellishment. The best part? It’ll work with everything in your closet — oversized knits and sequin-studded frocks alike — something your wallet will be excited about.
2. Clare V. Velvet Bucket Pouch ($245): Warning: This luxe velvet pouch just might inspire you to sip Champagne and throw around the word “dahhhling.” Tap into its throwback vibes by pairing it with a sleek jumpsuit and art deco earrings for a getup that screams goddess on the go.
3. Free People Luella Crossbody ($68): A surefire way to take your after-hours style game to the next level? Enlist this sequin-studded frame bag for your out-on-the-town lineup. The intricate beadwork and old-world silhouette make this petite bag feel fit for a swanky soiree or a romantic dinner date with bae. DO pair with a bold pout and cocoon coat for an ultra classy look.
4. Mango Croc-Effect Cross Body Bag ($40): Fancy lady on fleek — that’s the kind of vibe this boxy crossbody bag gives off. You don’t have to drop major moolah to achieve an Instababe-approved look. Simply slip this stunner on with an embellished midi dress and statement ankle boots for a stunning ensemble that’s ready to take your GNO by storm.
5. Free People Bardot Fringe Mini Bucket ($58): Blasé this sleek bucket bag is not. Trimmed in metallic fringe, it’s the after-hours must-have you didn’t know you needed. Load it up with your GNO essentials, then proceed to pair it with a grommet-studded mini skirt and an edgy band tee that’s ready to rock out.
6. Madewell Small Zip Pouch ($19): Introducing your new late-night sidekick for film fests, fall weddings and your bestie’s birthday bash: This streamlined pouch boasts enough interior space to fit all the essentials — and then some — for a wild night out on the town. Team it with a metallic mini dress and a FROW-ready glitter socks and platforms combo.
7. Zara Faux Fur Mini Bag ($16): Oh, this old thing? It’s just the fuzzy little number you didn’t even know you needed. Send the It-girl vibes into overdrive by teaming it with a swishy metallic skirt, open-backed bodysuit and sculptural ankle boots. Trust us: There will never be a dull moment when you’re toting this gorgeous green mini bag around.
8. Mango Chain Bag ($40): Between casual weekend coffee dates and Taco Tuesday, a chic mini bag with this much around-the-clock allure is a no-brainer. The caramel-colored material will match just about everything in your closet (hell to the yeah), but it’s the sleek chain handle that delivers a serious dose of sophistication to even the most basic tee-and-jeans pairing.
9. Urban Outfitters Miranda Frame Crossbody Bag ($44): We can’t decide what we love more: the shimmery sequin appliqués or the compact vintage shape. Between Sunday brunch, after-work drinks and gallery openings, this pretty-and-petite bag makes a mean argument for paring down.
10. H&M Suede Shoulder Bag ($50): As a bonafide dance floor diva, you need a bag that allows you to bust a move in hands-free fashion. Ditch the minaudiere for this groovy grommet stunner that can be worn a million different ways. Team it with a semi-sheer midi skirt, a silk cami and a leather jacket for a getup that straight-up slays.
11. Charles & Keith Evening Wristlet ($39): Embroidered ankle boots? Check. Luxe velvet jacket? Check. To-die-for triangular wristlet? Triple check. You need this classy lady pouch in your life stat for a look that reads belle of the ball — in a totally girlboss-approved way. Sling it around your wrist and proceed to sip Champagne and schmooze with the best of ‘em.
12. Whistles Sylvian Mini Croc Leather Bucket Bag ($240): Bells and whistles? Pass. Keep it real this season with a sophisticated croco bucket bag that will do your style right every single time. The polished finish makes the perfect partner to metallic culottes, lace blouses and bold baubles, but can hold its own with distressed denim and oversized sweaters too.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.