Dull hair got you down? The changing of the seasons can certainly wreak havoc on your strands, especially for gals with cooler tones. But we’re not going to let the frosty air get to us — or our hair — because we’ve got a hair hack up our sleeves to help our mane stay as vibrant as ever. So say goodbye to dry, limp locks and say hello to some seriously bright and healthy hair with these eight products that’ll prolong any color.
1. L’oreal EverStrong Sulfate-Free Thickening Conditioner ($6): Sulfate-free is the way to be when you’ve got cool locks. Treat yourself to a conditioner that not only prevents your shampoo from stripping your color, but also helps to thicken your tresses while nourishing your scalp with an amino acid complex.
2. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Restoring Shampoo ($6): Watch your tone — your hair tone, that is. This shampoo contains color-correcting technology that neutralizes brassy or yellow tones in cool hair, leaving you with a brighter, salon-fresh mane.
3. drybar Blonde Ale Brightening Shampoo ($27): Sit back and relax with a drink (for your hair). This shampoo is specifically made to brighten up blonde ‘dos by counteracting brassy tones.
4. Rahua Finishing Treatment ($45): The hair love shouldn’t end after the last of your conditioner has washed out. Show your strands a little extra TLC with this heat-protecting cream, which blends easily into your tresses to repair even the most damaged hair.
5. Tigi Violet Toning Shampoo ($18): Blondes might have more fun, but their locks also take a lot more upkeep. This violet toning shampoo comes in a vibrant purple formula to help prevent brassiness and loss of pigment for your tresses.
6. Lush Marilyn Hair Treatment ($24): This product takes its name from one of the most famous blondes of all. The pre-wash treatment uses lemon, saffron and chamomile to bring out lighter, brighter and blonder hair.
7. OGX Citrus Oil Mist ($6-12): Bring out your blonde with a highlight-activating mist. This spray contains sweet citrus oil to enhance your hair’s natural highlights while simultaneously smoothing your tresses with coconut oil.
8. Yarok Feed Your Moisture Masque ($48): Dry hair is a problem that plagues all hair colors, but keeping your locks hydrated is especially important for enhancing color-treated manes. This all-natural mask features ingredients such as aloe vera and coco creme to keep your head of hair happy and healthy.
What products do you use to prolong your color-treated hair? Show us your faves by tagging us on Instagram.