Thanksgiving is done, which means you get a breather this weekend before the holiday parties start rolling in. Speaking of rolling, don’t worry, ’cause all of these DIY projects can be done from the comfort of your couch so you can let your food baby settle. Whether you’re finally ready to embrace holiday decorations or you just want to make yourself a cozy winter accessory, these 11 DIY projects are just the thing to distract you from all those leftovers in the fridge.
2. Colorful Punny Tree Ornaments: Get your pun on with these rad ornaments from our equally rad DIY contributor Sam Ushiro. Forget about candy canes and reindeer — this year your tree’s theme will be Laugh Out Loud. (via Brit + Co)
3. Prism Advent Calendar: It’s a wreath, it’s a wall hanging, it’s…. an advent calendar. Start brainstorming little treats to hide inside each prism as the countdown until Christmas begins. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Christmas Cactus Baubles: A bit non-traditional, these cactus ornaments are probably going to become one of your favorite pieces on the tree. Paint dollar tree ornaments green and make the little spikes with hot glue. (via My Poppet Makes)
5. DIY Typography Flutes: What better way to kick off the holiday season than with a celebratory glass of champagne. These pop, fizz + clink glasses add an extra special touch to any holiday party, especially when your guests find out you made them yourself. (via The Blondielocks)
6. DIY Paper Lanterns: Make enough of these mini lanterns to hang or to make a colorful centerpiece. It takes some time to cut out each window, but the stained glass effect is worth the effort. (via Motte)
7. DIY Crochet Alpine Pompom Hat: As all you knitters and crocheters out there know, as soon as the weather gets colder, the requests for hats start coming in. This simple stitch makes the hat come together quickly so you can start checking people off your gift list. (via The Nook)
8. Gold Stamped Place Cards: Even though Thanksgiving is over, the dinner party season is far from over. DIY these gold ribbon place cards to use again and again or use them as gift toppers at the end of the year. (via Flax and Twine)
9. DIY Sand Art Terrarium: Even the person who “has it all” probably doesn’t have a mini terrarium — a tragedy you can quickly remedy with this easy DIY project starring the famous air plant. (via Brit + Co)
What are you crafting this weekend? We’d love to hear about your projects in the comments below!