We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it’s also the easiest meal to forget or cheat on. Whether you’re rushing to get kids to school or just struggling to get yourself out the door, sometimes cooking a gourmet meal is just not in the cards. We’re offering 15 super quick and healthy brekkies that you can make in about the same amount of time it takes to find your keys. From oatmeal to eggs to granola, we’ve got lots of breakfasts for all your crazy mornings.
1. Quinoa Porridge: If you’re an oatmeal lover but want to switch things up a bit, try using quinoa instead. Packed with iron and protein, quinoa is also gluten-free, making it perfect for those with diet restrictions. Top your bowl with a handful of your favorite fruit and you’re all set. (via Honestly)
2. Mini Biscuit Sandwiches: To save yourself even more time, you could use pre-bought English muffins for these sandwiches, but the herb biscuits only take about ten minutes to whip up. Fill it with a fried egg and avocado slices and you’ll wonder why you ever used to skip breakfast. (via I Am a Food Blog)
3. Amish Baked Oatmeal: Forget that mushy microwave stuff — this will be your new favorite way to cook oatmeal. If you make a large batch on the first day, then you can just rewarm and enjoy it for the next few days. (via Cooking Classy)
4. Microwave Egg and Vegetable Sandwich: Put egg whites and spinach in the microwave for a minute and a half and you’re ready to go. Don’t forget to finish off the sandwich with slices of tomato and avocado. (via Foodie Crush)
5. Breakfast Chia Pudding with Cacao Drizzle: Nope, this isn’t a dessert… even though it may taste like one. The chia seeds are little rockstars that will fill you up and keep your hair and skin glowing. (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
6. Microwave Apple Cinnamon Crumble: Just because you’re making breakfast for one doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself. You don’t even have to turn on the oven for this sticky, crumbly bowl of deliciousness. (via Averie Cooks)
7. Avocado Grilled Cheese: Grilled cheese for breakfast? Yes, please. Make these sandwiches while you’re boiling the eggs and you’ve got a protein-packed breakfast ready in under ten minutes. (via I Am a Food Blog)
9. Italian Baked Eggs: The best thing about baking eggs is that you can throw all the ingredients in the oven, go do your makeup and come back to the best breakfast you’ve ever made. (via Damn Delicious)
11. Breakfast Taquitos: Loaded with sausage, cheese, avocado and sun-dried tomatoes, these tasty taquitos are freezer-friendly. Make a big batch and warm ’em up next time you’re in the mood for a Mexican breakfast. (via Damn Delicious)
12. Grab-and-Go Omelette: Did you know you can cook an omelette in a baggie? Just toss all your ingredients into a Ziploc bag and throw it in a pot of boiling water for ten minutes. This is a perfect option for family breakfasts since everyone can customize to their heart’s content. (via Lovely Bits)
14. Hard-Boiled Egg Breakfast Melts: Mix things up a bit and go with boiled eggs instead of scrambled. You can use any breakfast toppings you want, but the reds and greens of the tomato, avocado and Sriracha sauce are looking pretty delicious. (via Ellaphant Eats)
15. Apple Cookies: We understand not everyone is a huge breakfast fan, but even the most avid morning hater has to admit that these healthy apple snacks look too tasty to pass up. (via Household Almanac)
What’s your favorite quick breakfast to make? Share your recipes in the comments below!