We know, you’ve been counting down the days until the pools are open, the beaches are groomed and the sun is shining brighter than ever. And even though we know how rocking a tan makes everyone look fab, we also want to be safe when playing under the rays all day. Whether you’ll be simply lounging by the shore, surfing in the waves or avoiding inevitable pale-skin sunburn all summer, check out these 15 super chic rash guards that are guaranteed to keep you protected and looking totes adorbs.
1. J.Crew Mini Botanical Print Sleeveless ($35): Minimal protection is way better than no protection. This rash guard will still let your arms see the light and will certainly keep you cool in the hot summer sun.
2. Victoria’s Secret Crop ($39): Neon and tropical prints are so hot right now, making this rash guard the hottest little number under the sun.
12. Mara Hoffman Jungle Trip ($148): Anything Mara Hoffman touches is far from drab, and her wild prints always make the best companions at the beach.
3. Trina Turk Mod Maze ($72): Of course the queen of Palm Springs style, Trina Turk, is going to get in on this pool party. If you have a drawer full of bikinis that all go with black bottoms, this rash guard is for you. We love the pop of coral color on the collar too.
5. J.Crew Grid Dot ($78): Brown, blue, red and pink are just a few of the colors that this basic pick comes in. One for every day at the beach?
10. Anthropologie Mix and Match ($68): A 1/4 zip rash guard is definitely functional and allows you to zip or unzip as needed to control your body temp.
9. Vitamin A ($92): The crop top rash guard is clearly a surefire way to stay super chic and safe in the sun.
13. Basta Bells ($148): Take the fun zig-zag pattern of your favorite piece of clothing and mix it with the beloved thumb holes of your most prized workout top, and voila!
14. J.Crew Ratti Fish ($175): Fish for days! Blend right in underwater with this fleet of fins.
Which of these chic rash guards will you be rocking in the sun? How do you stay safe from harmful rays at the pool and beach? Leave us your thoughts.