There is an art to curating the perfect capsule wardrobe. If you’re about to cut your clothing collection in half (or maybe even down to a quarter!), the pieces that make the cut really need to be the best of the best. You can’t choose that top you love but have worn just once only to realize it doesn’t actually go with anything. But then again, you don’t want to go too far in the opposite direction, selecting only basic tees and jeans, because that can get old quick. It’s a delicate balance but not an impossible one. For those of you working on refining your capsule wardrobe, we teamed up with fashion designer (and Brit + Co online class teacher) Rebecca Minkoff to curate 15 pieces you should definitely make sure to include.
A Classy iPhone Case
1. Rebecca Minkoff Studded Gold Case ($38): Because your tech needs to be properly dressed too. Kick your favorite accessory’s glam level up a notch with this fancy studded case.
A Sexy Shirt That’s Not a Crop Top
2. Rebecca Minkoff Hyacinth Top ($198): Now don’t get us wrong — we love a good crop top. But it’s not always the right option (example: a lunch at The Ritz where you’re meeting your BF’s parents for the first time). To keep things subtly sexy, try something like this top that includes a sheer element but will still keep you covered up.
A Figure-Flattering Skirt
3. Rebecca Minkoff Ibiza Skirt ($498): Why is it that dresses seems to get all the glory, huh? A trusty, super flattering skirt can work for everything from an important business meeting to a happy hour date.
Boots That Will Dress up Any Outfit
4. Rebecca Minkoff Bethany Heel ($325): The right shoe can do wonders for even the most basic of outfits. Rock sneakers with jeans and a white tee while running errands. Then swap those sneaks for some heels like this to give your look an immediate style boost if you’re rushing off to something more formal.
A Grown-Up Leather Bag
5. Rebecca Minkoff India Zip Sachel ($275): Okay, it might finally be time to upgrade from that tote bag you’ve used as a purse since college. For something that will go with everything, try a simple, small leather bag. If you’re up for a DIY in the purse department, make sure to check out our online class taught by Rebecca Minkoff, where the designer teaches you how to make an adorable fringed leather clutch.
A Chic Sweatshirt
6. Rebecca Minkoff LA NY Sweatshirt ($88): Whether you’re lounging around the house on a Sunday afternoon or you straight up cannot deal with a stiff shirt on a Monday, a stylish sweatshirt is the perfect way to look cozy and cute all at once.
A Breezy Day Dress
7. Rebecca Minkoff Hellen Dress ($278): Everybody needs that one “throw on and go” dress. Dress it up for brunch with your BFFs or rock it on top of your bathing suit on that upcoming tropical vacay.
Cozy Cute Stripes
8. Rebecca Minkoff Worth Sweater ($198): When you need something a little bit more formal than a sweatshirt, a striped sweater should do the trick. Give off some chic, French-girl vibes while still being the comfiest girl in the office.
A Top You Can Sweat In
9. Rebecca Minkoff Vita Top ($78): Something like this is key for those days when you really want to make it to that catch-up dinner after your five o’clock workout class but don’t have time to go home and change. It might be secretly full of sweat, but hey, just opt out of the hugs and nobody needs to know.
A Beautiful Wearable
10. Rebecca Minkoff Notification Bracelet ($120): Before long, every modern-day woman’s accessory collection is bound to include some sort of wearable. But don’t fret, fashion-loving friends — that doesn’t have to mean a boring gray band. This wearable from Rebecca Minkoff will silently alert you of important calls and texts through a Bluetooth pairing with your iPhone, all while disguising itself as a chunky bracelet.
A Pair of Standout Studs
11. Rebecca Minkoff Five Piece Stud Earring Set ($58): It’s time to ditch the plain studs for something a little more exciting. If you’re really up for stepping outside the box, jump on the mismatched earring trend and change up these five pieces as the week progresses.
12. Rebecca Minkoff Mercer Boyfriend Jeans ($118): A good pair of jeans is crucial to a capsule wardrobe. Whether you wear them with a basic tee or a sheer blouse, they are definitely the piece that pulls everything together.
Going-Out Shoes That Won’t Kill Your Feet
13. Rebecca Minkoff Pandora Oxford ($125): We love a pair of stilettos as much as the next girl, but we all have those days when we’re just not feeling it. Keep the formality and add in some extra comfort with a pair of classy oxfords.
A Not-So-Basic LBD
14. Rebecca Minkoff Bailando Dress ($298): After a good pair of jeans, a great LBD is possibly the most important piece in your capsule wardrobe. But don’t think it has to be boring to be versatile. Case in point: this LBD with just the right amount of fringe.
A Workout-to-Work Jacket
15. Rebecca Minkoff Neoprene Jacket ($198): If you’re traveling from an early-morning gym sesh to the office, save some space in your workout bag by investing in a stylish jacket that can easily take you from yoga to work.
For more style inspo, check out our Pinterest!