Welcome to the post-July 4th world. Fun weekend full of food, fireworks, fireballs and fine men? Well, those are just distant memories now, because it’s time to get back to work. At least for a few days ;) To help you power through this more-than-likely tough week of commuting, we’ve got plenty of entertaining outlets. From a hysterical Bravo-related podcast to a new summer song to Reese’s latest social media adventure, you’ll easily stay sane M — F no sweat. You can thank us now ;)
1. Follow Reese Witherspoon on Pinterest: What won’t Reese do to entertain us?! She shares plenty on Instagram, has us wanting to live like a Southern belle thanks to Draper James and even indulges the bookworm in all of us by doling out recs on the reg. If all of those things don’t provide you with enough of Ava’s cool mom, the actress just joined Pinterest. Follow, repin + get ready to make all the Reese-approved things STAT. (Photo via @draperjamesgirl)
2. Demi Lovato’s “Cool for the Summer”: If you haven’t yet decided your summer 2015 anthem, this brand new jam might just be your best option. By switching up her typical rock-pop sound for a full-on synthy pop tune, the former Disney star (and tryer of hair colors) is coming for the summer crown. Katy Perry, check to make sure your wig is fully intact, because the leader of the Lovatics is coming for your scalp with this bi-curious song. ICYMI: Fellow former Mouse Houser Selena Gomez also recently debuted a new sultry track. Yep, these ladies are letting you know they’re officially adult women.
3. Follow @ponypork: We LOVE an overhead shot. They make DIYs easier to follow ;) So naturally when we stumbled upon this gorgeous #whatmyhandsdoing account we had to share it with you. Get a bird’s eye view of Romo Jack’s feed every morning, noon + night as they play with a variety of objects from Mr. Potato Head and an ironing board to fish and film strips. Ya never know, you may just end up learning a thing or two along the way.
4. Watch What Crappens (Available on iTunes, SoundCloud + Stitcher): You know you were very busy having a binge marathon of all things Bravo pre + post BBQ and fireworks this holiday weekend. Keep the crazy train that is the Real Housewives et al. chugging along with this hilarious bi-weekly (with bonus Patreon episodes) podcast where Ronnie Karam and Ben Mandelker discuss the insanely LOL-worthy antics the Housewives from both coasts (and Melbourne, Australia) get into. Be warned: You’ll be howling with laughter and maybe even shedding a tear or two courtesy of the commentary and Bravolebrity imitations (ex. Kandi Burruss, Vicki Gunvalson, Shannon Beador, Ramona Singer and more) coming out of the duo’s mouth.
5. Sick in the Head: Conversations About Life + Comedy by Judd Apatow (Available on Amazon, Barnes + Noble, Books-A-Million, iBooks, IndieBound + Powell’s): If you’ve ever wanted to sit at the table with comedic geniuses (or next to them on the train) and just eavesdrop on their highly entertaining convos, then you need to crack open this book immediately. Filled with chats between Judd and famous funny people like Lena Dunham, Chris Rock, Jon Stewart, Jerry Seinfeld, Roseanne Barr and more, the only way you’ll be putting this one down is if you drop it from laughing so hard.
Got any bonus commute picks? Share ’em with us in the comments.
(Featured photo via @reesewitherspoon)