Woot, woot, the long weekend is finally here! With Memorial Day weekend (and oh-so-many poolside mason jar mojitos) to look forward to, it’s time to grab those crafting supplies and get making. Savor all of your extra downtime by creating one (or a few) of these fun Memorial Day DIY projects for the most colorful holiday weekend ever. Whether you’re looking to amp up an old beach accessory, take your poolside style to the next level or create a cool pair of headphones for the ultimate staycation, here are 10 projects to tackle before Tuesday’s return.
1. DIY Typography Swimsuits: As soon as the sun comes out, it’s time to reassess your swimsuit collection. If you’ve been eyeing the typography trend this season, you’ll love this easy DIY. Make yourself two or three suits in 15 minutes and save yourself the designer price tag. (via Aww, Sam)
2. DIY Rose Gold Headphones: Everyone needs a pair of glam headphones in their workspace. Skip the hefty price tag of that rose gold pair you’ve been thinking about buying and grab a can of copper spray paint instead. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Retro Lazy Susan: Bring the lazy Susan back this summer and put a colorful new spin on pizza night. The best part about this project is that you can make this lazy Susan as big as you want so it fits perfectly on your dining table. (via Sugar & Cloth)
4. DIY Ombre Mason Jar Candles: If you’re planning a BBQ this weekend, you’re going to need some mood lighting. Nothing says “party” like plenty of candles, so grab your trusty ol’ friend mason jar and start painting on the stars and stripes. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Garden Stool: Whether you’re the #craftqueen or you’re kicking it in your personal garden paradise, you *need* this stool in your life. It’s multi-purpose, which means it’s the perfect addition to your small-space crafting paradise. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Patio Cooler Box: Nothing says party like a cooler full of cold drinks, and with this rad DIY you can take the refreshments from the beach to the patio, no problem. Plus the legs and typography make this stand way cuter than any old cooler your dad handed down to you. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Beaded Gift Wrap: With graduation and Father’s Day all coming up, you’re going to need some fun gift-wrap ideas on hand. Use wire to make the zig-zag pattern or just tie on a string of beads like ribbon. (via Tell Love and Party)
9. DIY Wire Bracelets: Treat your bridesmaids to a gift they’ll actually use and love. Wire bracelets are easy to make and even easier to personalize for all the main ladies in your life. (via Brit + Co)
What are you most excited to make this weekend? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!