It’s been four long years since Calvin Harris and Rihanna made beautiful music together. Four excruciatingly long years (longer than Calvin and TSwift’s relationship) since “Where Have You Been” and five years since “We Found Love,” but the dynamic duo has FINALLY blessed us with a new music video — “This Is What You Came For.”
The new video was directed by Emil Nava and features Rihanna in her usual blend of hyper-casual and über glamorous clothes. Baggy lurex jumpsuit with metallic gold Giuseppe Zanotti heels? Why not? And while the jumpsuit definitely catches your eye, it’s Rihanna’s hair that steals the show — err, video. Bad Gal RiRi rocks some serious hair jewelry in her high pony, in the form of blinged-out hair clips, constellation brooches and dazzling headbands.
After some Internet digging, I found out that Rihanna’s hair jewelry came courtesy of London-based designer Ashley Williams, whose fans include Harry Styles, Georgia May Jagger and Chloe Grace Moretz. To get Rihanna’s video look, try some of these glittery accessories when you want to steal the show.
1. Tasha Crystal Flower Barrette ($18): Gold makes everything better, and this blinged-out barrette is no different.
2. Nasty Gal Constellation Pavé Star Headband ($35): This accessory upgrades any hair look from “just rolled out of bed” to “just hitting the red carpet.”
3. Crystal Allure Barrettes ($55): Add a couple of these to your ponytail and you’ll look just like Rihanna. Well, kinda.
4. Mango Faceted Crystal Hairband ($30): Try this piece on for size, because Princesses of Pop are too cool for tiaras.
5. Josette Antique Iridescent Stone Clip ($14): Clip this baby in for a look that will reflect the light and turn all the heads.
6. Rhinestone Sea Star Hair Clip ($26): Shine bright like a diamond (we had to) in these mermaid-esque adornments.
7. Claire’s Rows of Rhinestones Bobby Pins ($10): These bobbies do double duty — they look amazing and keep your pesky flyways in place.
Even if you’re just dancing in front of the mirror, it’s always fun to feel just like Princess RiRi. Happy shopping!
Will you wear blinged-out hair accessories this summer? Tag us in your selfies on Instagram @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Getty)