The ingredients for a memorable road trip are simple: good company, great music, kitschy (and strategic) pitstop attractions and scrumptious snacks. If you take care of the first three items on the list, we’ll gladly take care of the last one for you. This culinary collection is chock full of yummy (and healthy!) road trip-friendly snacks that you can whip up right before you hit the road. Because we are better than Slim Jims and Doritos, people!
3. Crispy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas: A salty, crunchy treat is a must-have for any length road trip. If you’re tired of chips and trail mix, give these crispy and flavorful chickpeas a whirl. (via Fifteen Spatulas)
4. Baked Zucchini Chips: Buying a bag of Doritos is the easy way to fulfill your chip craving. But why not plan a little in advance and prepare these crispy baked zucchini chips for a healthier yet equally satisfying snack instead? (via Wishful Chef)
6. Rainbow Fruit Skewers With Vanilla-Honey Yogurt Dip: If you’re going to pack sliced fruit to eat along the way, you might as well make it look pretty and dip it in vanilla-honey yogurt. (via The Comfort of Cooking)
13. Chocolate Blueberry Trail Mix: Don’t settle for ordinary trail mix when you can have this mix, replete with chocolate-covered blueberries, white chocolate chips and shredded coconut. (via A Pumpkin and A Princess)
16. Sea Salt Honey Almond Butter and Macerated Berries Sandwich: This delicious take on a classic PB+J has our mouths watering like whoa! They’re sure to please any road tripper. (via The Kitchy Kitchen)
17. Pistachio, Salted Caramel and Oreo Dark Chocolate Bark: We all need some chocolate to munch on during a long car voyage, so try out this bark to satisfy your salty and sweet cravings all at once! (via Averie Cooks)
19. Chewy Trail Mix Cookies: And yes, cookies. Because we all need to nibble on some chewy cookies while we’re driving toward that horizon. Straight on until morning, ladies and gents! (via Oh She Glows)
What’s your go-to road trip snack? Tell us about it below!