It’s been a long winter, with ice storms and gloomy days galore. But we cozied up with our S.O.’s and kept our eye on the prize: spring break. Although there are plenty of alternatives to a traditional spring break vacation, there are also plenty of reasons to skip a weeklong hiatus. Finances, schedules, and work can get in the way of a long trip, but you can still celebrate the end of winter with a romantic weekend away. Get ready to book a last-minute getaway to one of these six amazing destinations.
1. The Ace Hotel, Palm Springs, CA: This quirky and uber trendy hotel is perfect if you’re craving warm weather. Located in the heart of the desert, you’ll need to stay near water, which is the perfect excuse for lounging poolside with a book or dancing to a DJ at one of the Ace’s packed pool parties. The hotel also offers Insta-worthy weekend brunches, concerts, and craft workshops to bring out you and your boo’s boho sides.
2. The Drake Hotel, Chicago, IL: Located right on Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago, the Drake Hotel offers sophisticated, old-timey glam in an unbeatable location that’s minutes from tons of savory restaurants, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the beaches of Lake Michigan. If you and your S.O. are feeling indulgent, plan for high tea in the hotel’s historic palm court.
3. The Hermitage Hotel, Nashville, TN: If you and your partner in crime are craving some bluegrass and whiskey, Nashville is the obvious place to go. Not only does every bar on Broadway feature live music, but the city boasts a vibrant, unique restaurant scene. You’ll get in touch with the city quickly by staying at this historic hotel, which has been a staple of Nashville since 1908.
4. National and State Parks: Depending on the weather, the spring can be a gorgeous time of year to get outside. Exploring the Grand Canyon or Yosemite with your S.O. is a great way to bond over a new adventurous experience while gaining an appreciation for everything that the wild (and your state) has to offer. Whether you camp or stay in a cabin, this trip is definitely great for some romantic stargazing.
5. Spicer Mansion, Mystic, CT: If you and your boo are hoping for a personal touch, Spicer Mansion in the sleepy East Coast town of Mystic, CT is the perfect weekend getaway. This town is basically Stars Hollow IRL, and it has a wonderful mix of history and charm that’ll make you feel far away from home — without the long international flight.
6. Blackberry Farm, Walland, TN: Blackberry Farm is ideal for the sorta outdoorsy couple. Nestled in the Smoky Mountains, this resort is a gorgeous, spacious tribute to a healthy lifestyle. We promise you’ll never be bored during your weekend stay here. Blackberry Farm is like a summer camp for adults. From biking and cooking to yoga and archery classes, there’s an activity that’ll give you and your partner a reason to try something new together. Oh, and there’s a spa, if you just need some quality relaxing time.
Where’s your go-to weekend getaway? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Ace Hotel)