It’s time to shake up tradition this Valentine’s Day with something a little less basic than the usual dozen roses from the florist. Sure, you could go high tech and 3D print a bouquet, but we kiiinda did that last year. Why not choose something even sweeter than a box of chocolates? These 15 gorgeous rosy recipes are great alternatives to share with those near and dear. Each is a terrific option for anyone from the unconventional couple to singles (who says you can’t have your rose-scented cake and eat it too?) to those who just can’t get enough of their favorite flower.
1. Turkish Delight Cupcake: A sweet treat in the form of a Turkish delight awaits in the center of these cupcakes. And the swirl of rose-enhanced frosting on top brings all of the flavors together just right. (via Sweet 2 Eat Baking)
2. Rose, Orange Blossom + Pistachio Breakfast Parfait: What a pretty way to start the day. A splash of both rose and orange water scent the yogurt with a lovely floral aroma, while fruit, granola and rose petals add texture and flavor all their own. (via Beela Bakes)
4. Rose-Scented Pavlovas With Fresh Fruit and Candied Kumquats: A plume of rose-scented whipped cream complements the sweet-tart kumquats and raspberries atop this delicate cloud-like meringue. (via No Thyme to Waste)
11. Mango + Avocado Bliss Tart: Underneath the rose-like arrangement of sliced mango, you’ll find a creamy avocado-yogurt filling atop a nutty no-bake crust. You can enjoy the colorful array of playful flavors and textures for dessert or breakfast. (via Aphro Cuisine)
13. Flamed Strawberries: There’s something innately attractive about flambéed food and these strawberries are no exception… especially when a sprinkle of rose petals is added to the mix. (via Heinstirred)
14. Coconut Rice Pudding With Rosewater-Vanilla Superfood Sprinkles: Store-bought tubs of rice pudding have nothing on this glamorous homemade recipe. (via My Natural Kitchen)
Would you eschew tradition in favor of roses in edible (or drinkable) form? Share your favorite alternative V-Day ideas with us below.